How much sugar do you think you consume daily?

Do you get your fix many times a day or what? How much sugar do you think you consume daily?
  • Way too much
  • A lot
  • A moderate amount
    Vote C
  • Small amount
    Vote D
  • I avoid all sugar so none
    Vote E

119

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the process of eliminating my sugar for right now I'm sticking to not more than 40 grams of sugar which is about 12 teaspoons. I only ate boiled vegetables today and that alone was 27 grams!! Sugar is in EVERYTHING ugh. I eventually want to go sugar free but with time the amount doctors recommend is 6 teaspoons a day

• DONT try to go sugar free. You need sugar in you diet (btw I'm talking about natural sugars like those in fruits, starches, etc - not donuts, cakes and all that). Pretty much sugar is turned into glucose, which is used as a part of a chemical reaction that produces energy.

Carbohydrates are also turned into immediate glucose and should be eaten to keep the blood sugar levels constant throughout the day.

Obviously it isn't healthy to eat too much sugar or carbs but a healthy amount.

Of course added sugar is bad but not natural sugar :)

Most Helpful Guy