Hey, gaggers what dinner dish you typically ate in your household while growing up?

Hey, gaggers what dinner dish you typically ate in your household while growing up?I ate traditional Latin food. White, black, brown, yellow rice, meats, beans and salad. Sometimes spaghetti with meats and potatoes, bread or plantains with veggies.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad was so strict about what we ate. We couldn't have anything unhealthy, not even juice from concentrate (we were only allowed water, apple juice, or orange juice). He was also very experimental with his cooking which meant that we would eat sh*t like, and I'm not kidding you, burnt spaghetti with yogurt and raisins mixed in and potato slices at the top and bottom of the dish. And we had to eat a slice of dry-ass wholewheat bread with everything.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @Crissy001 I still have PTSD episodes, but thank you

• My dad was so patriotic he wouldn't eat anything he thought originated outside the country. There's like 3 or 4 dishes my whole country has so it was the same shite night after night. I don't know what a pizza was until I was a teenager. Fish and chips were a delicacy in my house. Every night a big pot of something bubbling away on the cooker. Used to think get a fuckin imagination dad ffs

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Chicken, or pork chops, with rice and beans, and always with corn tortillas. On Sunday we ate caldo de res (beef and veggie stew) or menudo. My favorite was spaghetti though.

0|1
    0|0
  • My family wasn't very wealthy when I was young so usually we would have hamburger helper, mac n cheese with hot dogs, and the occasional pizza or lasagna.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm Mexican so mostly Mexican cuisine. Enchiladas, entomatadas, rice, beans, lettuce and tomatoes, etc

0|1
    0|0
  • I grew up eating Cuban, Dominican, Puerto Rican foods and I never grew up eating meatloaf and potatoes the way most of the country eats those things. Same thing applies to fruit, I love guava, papaya and mango instead of apples.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lots of traditional Swedish dishes. We grilled a lot too. Burgers, chicken, vegetables, potatoes, fishes, steaks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Typical Nigeria food.
    Plantains, jollof rice, fried rice, beans, different types of soups, meat, vegetables and salad.

0|1
    0|0
  • We ate a lot of Southern food (fried chicken, fish, low country boil etc) I still love that stuff but I have to limit eating like that these days 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I grew up eating pasta, seafood, barbecue, and potato (baked and mashed).

0|1
    0|0
  • Southern type food, but we always made things from other cultures too

0|0
    0|0
  • Italian food all day every day

0|1
    0|0
  • Whatever my mama cooked.

0|0
    0|0
  • French dishes ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • Pizza.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother was a very creative and frugal cook. We had homemade bread all the time, because she could bake it cheaper than you could buy it. Her porkchops were like trying to eat a piece of shoe, and she still makes them that way.

But we also had homemade pizza, scratch made pasta, scratch made falafel, tacos (the gringo American style kind), stir fries of all kinds, steak and roasts, chicken done in every possible way, spicy file gumbo, shrimp, squid (they were super cheap), beef stew, meatloaf (which I still think is disgusting), lamb chops, pork loin...

But her biggest specialty was pie. Sometimes she still makes good pies. Sometimes she screws them up. Her crust is still the best - all butter, rolled cold so it takes strong arms. Oh, and all the cookies we made at holidays. And the cakes she made for our birthdays.

These days, I think her roasts are the best thing she makes.

She taught my brother and I how to cook.

0|1
    0|0
  • That picture is not a Latin dish

0|1
    0|0
  • Fried rice

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

Recommended myTakes