Have you ever tried oxtail?

Had it for the first time a couple nights ago. Was freaking unbelievable how good it was.

Braised in red wine, with carrots, really really good... yum

(and then followed it up with rib steak, bread with olive oil and vinegar, pizza, prawns, spaghetti and a brownie with vanilla ice cream)

Have you ever tried oxtail?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• yes it's good now my mom makes it sometimes. now go full Caribbean and get some Puri and curry

1|0
    0|0
    • I am so pleased that Jesus commented on my question... go me.

• yes my daughter I've been about sometime watching over human activity and innovation.

• well... thank you... and thanks for the fabulous oxtail!

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never had it but I've heard it's good. What's it like?

1|0
    0|0
    • my expectations weren't that high cuz it honestly didn't look that great... but... wow, like really good braised short ribs, but better..

really fatty though, which is probably why its so good... if you have any cooking skills, its probably pretty easy to do at home, I'm gonna try it, but I'm horrible at cooking, so I don't know if I can do it, but I'm going to give it a shot as I want to practice my cooking skills, and oh man, with some good bread.. nice!

• Show All
    • Ebb kind of, I just think I'm really lacking just basic skills and I need to spend more time doing it... and doing it consistently.

I really admire people that have cooking skills, makes me jealous lol.

• You'll get there! And like sometimes starting out with really easy things can give you the confidenceto try bigger things!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• ur Asian and uve never had oxtail. gtfoh. Pho (Beef Noodle Soup) with oxtail is the bomb

1|0
    0|0
    • oxtail isn't really that much of a thing in the US, hard to find and it was never a thing with my family... im actually in asia now, where i finally tried it... and they actually prepared it western style lol

• Show All
    • china... but the cook is American, and was done up like a classic American roast... whereas it lacks the spices associated with eastern cooking, things like star of anise etc...

• oh cool. China has a great oxtail herbal soup. The chef I used to work for made an incredible one everytime we celebrated a special occasion. there's more to the oxtail adventure to try!

• I cook it now and then like osso buco. it's best braised as you had it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You taking drugs now 0. o

1|0
    0|0
  • no I haven't but looks yummy

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's delicious

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a sex act.

1|0
    0|0
  • No but my dad eats it

1|0
    0|0
  • never...

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes; I had it at a Jamaican restaurant once. It was good.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I love it!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes