Should you eat, even if you're not hungry?

I keep forgetting to eat all day, but then once I realize how late it is (like 4-6pm) I won't even be hungry. Isn't it fine if I know my body, and know I don't need to eat right then?
Should you eat, even if you're not hungry?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should probably still eat, it's really bad for your body to not give it energy and sustenance.
    I do this all the time, especially in summer, I find it helps to set an alarm on my phone, so I get at least 1 meal a day.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you aren't hungry don't eat. It's basically a waste of calories to eat, when you aren't actually hungry plus that makes for bad habits.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I honestly feel like you don't need to eat if you don't need or aren't required to.

The body can survive for up to a month without food, so missing a day won't hurt, especially if you weren't super active that day.

If you absolutely need to eat, you'll feel it.

1|0
    0|0
  • The thing is about food that eating activates the sense of being hungry, the right vitamins help with that on a long term as well. Keeping up a regular schedule will keep you healthy and give you energy. It's all about finding the right balance.

1|0
    0|0
  • do you take medication that might cause you not to be hungry?

1|0
    0|0
  • your body will tell you when it needs to eat if you are constantly not hungry seek medical advice but if your healthy just eat when you feel the need. to many people eat for no good reason

1|0
    0|0
  • I have to - serious hypoglycemia. If I don't eat I get really sick. If I eat sugar I get really sick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you should.. I mean how healthy is it not to eat at all.. The body need nourishment.. But, you remind me of my brother.. LOL..

0|0
    0|0
    • xD he doesn't eat a lot either?

• Show All
    • I hope he does haha. Otherwise he's just gonna die. I could not work out a lot and still not eat. Although I guess I do dance around for like an hour each day, but that's a lot different.

• Is it a lot different? LOL.. But yeah he's good many times..

• You should eat every few hours

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should eat. What you may not realize is that your body will start to feed off your muscle cause you're not nourishing it like you should be. W that said your body holds onto your fart, which is considered a long term storage. You may start showing ketones in your urine if you see to have it tested as a result of not eating. I'd say eat a little something. Doesn't have to be a huge meal, just as ack. Your body is like a car, one thing goes wrong it starts to damage other areas.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Don't forget/skip eating even if you're not hungry... I've done it and my energy level is really low now. I get fatigued easily. Don't do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't eat if you're not hungry, there wouldn't be a reason to eat then.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course, you never know when the zombie apocalypse is gonna happen

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes