Do you think you are a good tipper? Do they tip in your country?

I've had to teach several close people in my life that the way they tip is not appropriate. I live in the USA and from friends to my own dad they don't tip well. My dad always left 3$ as a tip no matter what until I pointed it out that in the 1960-80's maybe even 90's that would have been an okay tip. How much do you leave? Do you even tip?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'm a great tipper. If someone gives me great service, I tip at least 25%. There was one time where a server went above and beyond her duties and she hooked me up with a couple of free drinks - I tipped her 50%.

For shitty service, I don't tip well. Shitty service deserves a shitty tip.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I'm an excellent tipper when i get excellent service. I don't tip people for merely bringing my food to the table though (they have a wage for that).

2|0
    0|0
  • Just $3, I'm not rich. If they don't like it then they should speak to their boss about the wages.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I am a very good tipper.

1|0
    0|0
  • no i don't, none tip in our country.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I tip about 20-25% of the bill no matter how much it is. People who wait tables deserve it. Unless they are horrible and I mean they've gotta be real bad I will tip very little

1|0
    0|0
  • I had to get used to tipping when I moved to the US. I was born and raised in Korea so I never had to do that. I actually don't get the point of tipping, but I do tip since I now live here and I know it's customary.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always leave a $3 tip

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes