Are you a foodie?

Had someone ask me this yesterday. Don't remember who it was though.

I'm not. I know what I like, I'm not afraid to enjoy it. But I don't really follow the foodie culture and my tastes are... non discriminatory.

I think in order to qualify as a foodie you have to have a little more to you than that lol.
Updates:
I tend to think of a foodie as someone that appreciates all the different aspects of a dining experience. From the type of food, presentation, knows about the prep. I don't believe that a foodie has to "be into the latest thing or fad" in fact maybe the ultimate foodie is someone off doing their own thing, things that aren't popular or well known.
Me, i just know what i like, popular, not popular doesn't matter to me. But as most of you know, i do like my food... but i am not a foodie.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think i am, everyone calls me one but i don't put shit up on instagram... or worse go to a *trending* restaurant just to put shit up on instagram. This is not a foodie.

I think a true foodie appreciates the entire meal from ingredient sourcing, to cooking skill, to presentation. Very few people have the opportunity to travel around the world to see where their original dishes actually come from - That is what I'd call a foodie. I've had some limited experience of that but nothing compared to the likes of top chefs.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I'm not. I don't enjoy food as much as other people seem to. I just kinda eat because I have to. I'm also super picky about what I'll eat.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think everyone has their own interests... at some point it becomes cliche to "enjoy food" whether you are a foodie or not. So, you kind of are right in that it seems a lot of people are really into it. So I think its good that you bring something to the table other than an interest in enjoying food. Being different brings new perspectives.

• Haha, thank you. People seem to think I'm bonkers because I don't like a lot of foods that seem to be super popular, pizza and bacon for example.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Well you do seem to post a lot of food related questions 🙈

1|0
    0|0
    • I like my food... and I also enjoy putting people off with some of my food selections... a lot of the things I post are not very common on the west but pretty common I'm asia.

• I'm not a connoisseur of food, I just like to try different foods because of curiosity!

So i say no I'm not a foodie, mainly because i'm not an analyzer of food. :-P

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, if you can't cook the shit you want you're not a foodie. Everyone enjoys a good meal, that can be a kebab or a lobster.

1|0
    0|0
  • God no. I'm not pretentsiously up my own are.
    Foodie
    A dumbed-down term used by corporate marketing forces to infantilize and increase consumerism in an increasingly simple-minded American magazine reading audience. The addition of the long "e" sound on the end of a common word is used to create the sensation of being part of a group in isolationist urban society, while also feminizing the term to subconsciously foster submission to ever-present market sources.
    Though the terms "gastronome" and "epicure" define the same thing, i. e. a person who enjoys food for pleasure, these words are perceived by the modern American consumer as elitist due to their latin root forms and polysyllabic pronunciations.
    Also spelled "foody"
    This newest repackaging of Third World derived ingredients in the latest Trader Joe's product is ever so delicious and different, it's really made for all you foodies out there to BUY NOW!

1|0
    0|0
  • I love food but I wouldn't consider myself a foodie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Umm.. I've never heard the term foodie but I do enjoy food a whole lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • What's a foodie?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea. I love food, nice food jaja

1|0
    0|0
  • YESS Eat everything on sight

1|0
    0|0
  • no m not

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

1|0
    0|0
  • I eat in time usually but lot of food

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes !!!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• nope. food is fuel. although I appreciate a nice set up once in a while, i've never been into food trends. popular restaurants that people rave about unimpress me, and i live near one of the foodiest cities in the country. i'd rather have home food any day.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I haven't gone to 3456 restaurants around the world. I don't eat out regularly. I don't even have time to cook much. My taste is very selective and narrow in the sense , i prefer eating quite the same now and then and depending on seasons

1|0
    0|0
  • it means you like good food recipes and learning to cook new cusines. or just constantly in search of good tasty food.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I like to eat it but no I'm not a foodie

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell yeah!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes