Are you a foodie?

Had someone ask me this yesterday. Don't remember who it was though.

I'm not. I know what I like, I'm not afraid to enjoy it. But I don't really follow the foodie culture and my tastes are... non discriminatory.

I think in order to qualify as a foodie you have to have a little more to you than that lol.
I tend to think of a foodie as someone that appreciates all the different aspects of a dining experience. From the type of food, presentation, knows about the prep. I don't believe that a foodie has to "be into the latest thing or fad" in fact maybe the ultimate foodie is someone off doing their own thing, things that aren't popular or well known.
Me, i just know what i like, popular, not popular doesn't matter to me. But as most of you know, i do like my food... but i am not a foodie.

614

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think i am, everyone calls me one but i don't put shit up on instagram... or worse go to a *trending* restaurant just to put shit up on instagram. This is not a foodie.

I think a true foodie appreciates the entire meal from ingredient sourcing, to cooking skill, to presentation. Very few people have the opportunity to travel around the world to see where their original dishes actually come from - That is what I'd call a foodie. I've had some limited experience of that but nothing compared to the likes of top chefs.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I'm not. I don't enjoy food as much as other people seem to. I just kinda eat because I have to. I'm also super picky about what I'll eat.

• I think everyone has their own interests... at some point it becomes cliche to "enjoy food" whether you are a foodie or not. So, you kind of are right in that it seems a lot of people are really into it. So I think its good that you bring something to the table other than an interest in enjoying food. Being different brings new perspectives.

• Haha, thank you. People seem to think I'm bonkers because I don't like a lot of foods that seem to be super popular, pizza and bacon for example.