Why is it usually called a sandwich when the meat is chicken instead of a burger?

Ever wonder that? You put all the other ingredients that you would in a burger like lettuce tomatos cheese, but if it's a chicken patty instead of beef it's called a sandwich and not a burger.

*imitating seinfelds voice* Whats the deal with that? O. o

88

Most Helpful Guy

• Quite a few places call it a burger still.

But I'm going to guess it's because prepped associate burger with beef, so sand which is just used to differentiate it... for the people who can't read the word chicken in the description.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's... actually a good question.

Maybe because the burger isn't made of chicken so a "chicken burger" would be misleading?