Do you like your mom's home cooking?

My mom is visiting... and she spends hours a day cooking. So, not much eating out while she's here. When I was a kid I hated my moms cooking... the only Asian in a white majority town I just wanted to fit in. Bento boxes of pickled veggies, tonkatsu, dried fish and white rice wasn't the way to do that. Now, I look forward to her cooking. Today, pork, vermicelli, mushroom stuffed bittermelon and dried mushroom soup with sugar snap pea, green onion and pork fried rice
How bout your mom? Do you like your mom's home cooking?
What do ya think of my post lunch pre dinner snack? Careful, imma show mom everything you say!

Luv ya mom!
Honestly, no one on earth likes bittermelon. But, that shit is good for your skin. So eat your bittermelon folks!

1925

Most Helpful Guy

• That sounds pretty good to me or at least I will try it once. I haven't had bittermellon before but I am intrigued. Is it more like melon/cantaloupe or more like watermelon?

I love most of my mom's cooking. Most of it is really good. The only reason I generally don't like it is if I don't like the food generally (like potatoes). There is one exception I dislike when she uses the Crock-Pot. I totally get why she may use it, but in my opinion she is bad with it and my brother agrees with me. She makes a lot of good food, but not with that.

• Bittermelon is like a large pepper in looks, tastes like ass. But its good for your skin.

• Like the name... its bitter... if you've ever tasted aspirin... yeah

• I really haven't. So it's an aquired taste for sure haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• She has her dishes but I didn't grow up eating them regularly. My stepdad didn't like them and he liked to cook plus they both worked too much to cook when I was older.

My grandmothers cooking can't be replaced. It takes all day with few ingredients and fresh from her garden and power packed with spice and flavor.

The thing of t is she didn't teach any of her kids how to cook her way. I think it was a control issue like you'll love me for my food. Or maybe they just couldn't. I watched her over the past 10 years and learned how to make her simple signature dish.

She passed a couple of years ago so I'm really glad I know how to make it as it makes me feel like she is here.

• I always talk about my lack of cooking skills, there are a clue that I've learned... a Malay style pork belly adobo and a shrimp and pork fried egg roll... which is really good but shut tons of work... so I only do that like once a year in the winter... when its nice and cool. Both I learned from mom in the last few years

• Ffs.
      . a few that I've learned from mom