Do you think legal drinking age should be lowered from 21 to a younger age?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In many other countries the drinking age is 18.

If you can make adult decisions and are considered as an adult, then why the hell can't you drink until 21?

I was born and raised in the USA but my family is from Trinidad where the drinking age is 18. Nothing is different between either country in terms of negative effects of alcohol consumption, so it just comes down to the USA's puritanical roots being excessively restrictive.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. it might seem like a good idea to kids who want to be drunk but honestly developmentally it's better to just wait. but ya know what, people will do what they want to do regardless of what health and science say.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• It's 18 in my country, and I think that's fine for us.

21 seems very arbitrary to me. But the US has a bigger problem with young people drink driving than the UK does. Over here, it's mainly a problem with the older generation, and I'm told it's the opposite over there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, the brain is not fully developed until age 21 apparently so in that case no... but are we really going to trust 18 yr olds to drink? They do it already lmao at parties and stuff especially at PAP (prom after party)

0|0
    0|0
  • The drinking age shouldn't even exist in the first place

0|0
    1|0
  • I live in Australia and the age is 18 and it's great, but in saying that I think we start "illegal" drinking at a younger age.
    I was proble 13- 14 when I started drinking

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be able to drink at any age you like, let the evolution takes its course.

1|0
    0|0
  • 18 to drink and 21 to buy in my country and fuck no I already got stupid idiotic classmates who are drinking now...

0|0
    0|0
  • In my country is 18 and used to be 16 until a few years ago... maybe 16 is quite to early but I believe 18 is good

0|0
    0|0
  • It, in my opinion, doesn't need to be lowered. I don't see enough benefits for a change to take place.

0|1
    0|0
  • I suppose, I mean America is the odd one out, almost everywhere the drinking age is 18.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes it should be lowered to 18 because if you are considered an adult at 18 then you should be able to drink

0|0
    0|0
  • yes,
    In Australia and all of European countries legal drinking age is 18 and there is nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about you but it's 18 where I live and the highest any province goes is 19.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol anyone can drink. drinking legally is not the problem

1|0
    0|0
  • If anything it should be increased at 24.

0|2
    1|0
  • Anyone can buy it without id in my country

0|0
    0|0
  • nationally here they wanna push 25..

0|0
    0|0
  • yes
    it should

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it should be raised to 26.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, keep it at 21. It is better. I think it should be like 25 or 26 since there would be very little damage to the development of the person consuming the alcohol, (but the people who drink alcohol aren't necessarily the smartest anyway) so it should be left at 21 in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 18 wear I live and that's good

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Yup. I think it should be 18. Why is it that 18 is old enough to go to war, but not old enough to drink? It's 18 basically everywhere else anyway.

1|1
    0|0
  • In Denmark there is no legal drinking age but you have to be 16 to buy alcohol and that rule has been working just fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol wtf in Sweden you need to be 21 or 20 to buy and 18 to drink.. Honestly I think we have the better restriction.

• 21 to buy? Then I understand why we have so many drunk swedes during the summer, ahaha

• I got friends my age who some how got alcohol...

• Legal drinking age where I live is 18. I don't think it should be lowered

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, I think it should be 18.

1|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • no. too many drunken assaults, car crashes etc

0|0
    0|0