Do you think legal drinking age should be lowered from 21 to a younger age?

721

Most Helpful Guy

• In many other countries the drinking age is 18.

If you can make adult decisions and are considered as an adult, then why the hell can't you drink until 21?

I was born and raised in the USA but my family is from Trinidad where the drinking age is 18. Nothing is different between either country in terms of negative effects of alcohol consumption, so it just comes down to the USA's puritanical roots being excessively restrictive.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. it might seem like a good idea to kids who want to be drunk but honestly developmentally it's better to just wait. but ya know what, people will do what they want to do regardless of what health and science say.