Moms home cooking.. would you try this?

Moms okonomiyaki... like an omelette pancake thing, its really quite different than a traditional one but I prefer hers, I guess its what I'm used to..

She makes hers very eggy, more than a traditional version and she never serves with mayo or okonomi sauce. She makes it different every time..Moms home cooking ..would you try this?

. this time. Shiitake mushrooms, thin pork belly, red onion, shallots, sugar snap peas, and bonito flakes
Updates:
It was in a large circle... but I've been picking at the smaller pieces cause I couldn't wait for mom to plate...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds good, but the presentation doesn't make it look all that appetizing. I always thought presentation meant nothing, but looking at that, it means everything now 😅😂

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol... its in the middle of prep, she serves plated with rice, miso, pickled ginger, and aonori, but honestly it tastes the same... traditionally it gets mayo and a dark sauce on top that makes it look a little nicer but mom doesn't do that

• I have no clue what some of the ingredients you posted are 😅. Either way, the most important things are the taste and that it doesn't cause a heart attack 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't but that's because I don't like eggs, mushrooms, onions or shallots, so seems like I might not like those 😂 If there were ingredients in there I enjoyed and it didn't taste all that much like egg, I'd be cool with it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Delicious, love this. It needs rice and some soy though :P

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah, needs to be plated, I was hungry and just started snacking off the stragglers. But she serves it plated with miso, white rice, black sesame, and some pickled vegetables and peanuts and aonori

• I would destroy that with wite rice

0|0
    0|0
  • sure looks good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn wtf is that? Dog grease? Try again...

0|0
    0|0
    • No... dog is a winter food. Best when splayed on a rotisserie before being weaned. Next time we serve that up ill be sure to let you know. Its probably way better than the gutter rats you're used to so I'm sure you are looking forward to it.

What Girls Said 4

• Would I try it? If I had to to be polite. Choice? No.

Eggs mess with my tummy especially omelette. I hate belly pork and not the biggest fan of mushrooms. I don't know what bonito flakes are but I'm assuming similar to oats (which I'm cool with).

One of those I could stomach a few bites but I wouldn't want a plate of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're in America, just call it bacon. "thin pork belly". Pfft.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh dear, pork belly and bacon aren't the same thing regardless of the country you are in. Are you upset because your aunt has decided to stay with you longer to help you overcome your fear of engaging other humans without being a jerk? No need to take your anger out on me dear, I am your friend!

• I recently watched a video on how to make this. I would love to try it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'd eat it without the pork belly.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes