Moms home cooking.. would you try this?

Moms okonomiyaki... like an omelette pancake thing, its really quite different than a traditional one but I prefer hers, I guess its what I'm used to..

She makes hers very eggy, more than a traditional version and she never serves with mayo or okonomi sauce. She makes it different every time..Moms home cooking ..would you try this?

. this time. Shiitake mushrooms, thin pork belly, red onion, shallots, sugar snap peas, and bonito flakes
It was in a large circle... but I've been picking at the smaller pieces cause I couldn't wait for mom to plate...

55

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds good, but the presentation doesn't make it look all that appetizing. I always thought presentation meant nothing, but looking at that, it means everything now 😅😂

• Lol... its in the middle of prep, she serves plated with rice, miso, pickled ginger, and aonori, but honestly it tastes the same... traditionally it gets mayo and a dark sauce on top that makes it look a little nicer but mom doesn't do that

• I have no clue what some of the ingredients you posted are 😅. Either way, the most important things are the taste and that it doesn't cause a heart attack 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't but that's because I don't like eggs, mushrooms, onions or shallots, so seems like I might not like those 😂 If there were ingredients in there I enjoyed and it didn't taste all that much like egg, I'd be cool with it.