Any vegans or vegetarians here? Please share some of your favourite dishes?

I am considering going part time vegan and maybe I will eventually go full on vegan but right now I just want to start adding some more variety to my diet. I'm looking for yummy, satisfying vegan or vegetarian dishes. I can't eat dairy so unfortunately no cheesy dishes for me :(

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, but as an omnivore, I feel that the best vegan/vegetarian dishes are the ones that are naturally so. Like those textured soy-protein "chikin" patties or fake beef things are uniformly gross. However, have you ever had a falafel sandwich? Completely vegan, a complete protein, and absolutely delicious! Have you had much Indian food? That stuff is amazing, especially if you're willing to eat butter (Indian food tends to be cooked with clarified butter). Like I would recommend mutter masala. It's creamy as if they added cream or yogurt, but the cream comes from pureed cashews! It's fantastic with naan! Or what about thai food with a green curry, vegan phad thai, or prik king? That stuff is so flavorful with the green curry especially having a rich, creamy feel that comes from coconut milk.

Anyway, I think you'll be just fine, especially if you haven't been all that adventurous with food up to this point. It's sort of like a whole new world then!

• Falafel is one of my favourite foods haha and i love indian and thai food but my boyfriend does not. Those are great lunch options (which I choose often) but no go for dinner.

Great suggestions!

Most Helpful Girl