Why is string cheese called string cheese? Do you know?

I've eaten string cheese as long as i can remember. I always wondered why it was called string cheese as the name didn't really seem to make much sense. I just found out why it was called that.

I tried eating it the "right" way. But, alas, it seems kinda pointless, I'm going back to my old way of just taking bites right off the end.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is it racist to call Asians yellow but not black people black and white people white? It's just one of those things that I don't understand... like string cheese

• by the way my comment was just a teasing joke

• I don't know, I've had people call me way worse than that... i don't care. Its on them not me.

And look at the answers below and you'll know why string cheese is called string cheese. One of life's mysteries solved thanks to the very interesting and insightful question i posted.

• why do feet smell but noses run

Most Helpful Girl

• lol! You never ate it pulling it off bit by bit? That is what makes it such a fun food to eat. :)

• no... i had no idea, until i heard it on the radio the other day... and then it was like i was the only person on earth that didn't know this...

• i went and bought a pack at the grocery store just so ii could try it

• *snort That is funny. :)