Does anyone know how snails taste?

My girlfriend is french and loves snails, she wants me to try one. Has anyone eaten a snail before? Are they any good?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I had some in France, actually. They are pretty good. The snail itself doesn't really have a taste, and are chewy in texture like squid or clams. They usually dowse them in so much butter and seasoning, so that's all you really taste.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to work in a French restaurant and I ate a lot of snails and learned to love them.

i2.wp.com/.../escargots.jpg

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah. Not crazy for them, but they're good. Taste mostly depends on how it's prepared, since it has only a very subtle taste in itself. Texture is similar to an oyster's if you've ever had those before.

0|1
    0|0
  • My aunt lives in France and has had them, she says they don't really have a taste. They're normally served in a lot of garlic butter so they taste like garlic butter haha

0|1
    0|0
  • YES‼️ Escargot 🐌 tastes like little balls of yummy yummy buttery garlic. Like stuffed mushrooms but better 😱

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't really have a taste per se... It's more the butter and the garlic you're tasting when you eat them.
    They're really chewy, though... So basically a pain to eat. Not that into them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Escargot, if well prepared, tastes like butter and garlic. Done well it can be delicious!

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• It's chewy in texture and it takes on the flavor that it's prepared in. However, it does have a slightly gamey/fishey taste.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kind of like mushrooms

0|2
    0|0
  • It's called escargot, in French.. (hard to put French accents on English keyboards), but you get the point, but no, I've never had it

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes