Is this subway sandwich too much to be eating once a week?

Is this subway sandwich too much to be eating once a week?Is this subway sandwich too much to be eating once a week?I used a "subway calculator" that let me see how much calories are in the custom sub I always order from Subway. I've been eating this sandwich once a week since 2009. I also notice that no matter how much exercise I do, I can't get rid of the extra 15lbs that give me a pot belly or "dad bod". I'm not obese but I'm definitely not in the best shape I can be in. I eat this sandwich every Friday.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you know your answer. If you're trying to lose 15 lbs, then you need to cut out 15 lbs from you diet. If this sandwich is the highest calorie item in your diet, it may need to go if you really want to lose weight

Alternatively, you can have a six" instead of a foot long or cut out the cheese and dressing. That way you can still treat yourself but skip the high caloric intake. Eating a smaller breakfast and dinner on that day can help as well. And you can always do the Thousand Calorie Workout afterwards if you really can't give it up

Personally I eat whatever I want and cut calories elsewhere or actually workout if I gain weight. I don't carry weight in my stomach, so gaining a few extra lbs really doesn't affect me much other than not being able to wear my favorite jeans. I personally don't like being so skinny my ribs show, so I eat I high fat diet to keep up with my metabolism. I eat healthy food for meals, but don't cut out junk food

So for you, this sandwich may be too much. For me... well... I consume waaaaay more calories than that by eating a bag of chips or tub of ice cream. I usually go to some sort of buffet or barbeque on the weekends too. I personally wouldn't cut the sandwich out completely and would order a 6" instead of foot long

Stressing out about it can cause you to overeat to fill the craving and depriving yourself can lead to binging. A diet shouldn't leave you feeling hungry or unsatisfied

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You said you weight 145 right
    So you need to consume about 1750 at first daily. And exercise like 4 times a week. Do a combination of weight and throw in some cardio but not much

But to track those calories you have to very meticulous at first otherwise its going to be wrong. The biggest mistake we make when losing weight is tracking calories
    You need a food scale

Then drop it 100 if you dont lose and if you lose leave until you stop losing. 1400 is the min you should go

Once you reach 1400 then its just more more HIIT training to fill that deficit

0|1
    1|0
    • Another thing very important is belly fat doesn't get much blood flow to it. And it's generally very stubborn fat cause its mostly alpha fat cells or beta forgot which one

But you need to increase blood flow to that region. So always do ab exercises in combination with HIIT training and weights

• Oh and the type of food is not that relevant...
      of course you need to eat a balanced diet... but when cutting you want to get about 100 grams of protein a day and fill the rest with carbs and fat... keep fat low

Things like low carbs works well when you do it for like a 2-3 weeks to really push off the last little bit...
      To answer the question, the sandwich makes no difference... you're not losing cause your calories are too high

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• Wow. That is surprising. Have you done the sandwich without pepperoni and cheese? The high calories and fat grams have got to come from the pepperoni and cheese cause otherwise, this sandwich would be really low in fat and calories.

But to answer your question and assuming the calculator is correct, yes; that is an extremely bad meal. Almost all of your calories (and maybe more calories if you are in a diet) for the day would be consumed by this one meal. Not good. :(

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah try once a month. Then make the time gaps longer. I dont even eat take out once a month. I eat fast food like once every 2 minths.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think there's no harm due to it

Wel im a foodie haha

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't prefer these kind of foods. I prefer homemade food

0|0
    0|0
  • 840calorie? too high

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • 840 calories? Jesus, how big is that thing?

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• I follow a low carb diet and would never eat this sandwich, or any sandwich, because of the bread. I would eat the meat, cheese, and other ingredients, but not the bread. Without the bread, this would be a healthy meal on a low carb diet.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not too much for one week. You would have to make sure your total calorie intake doesn't go above 2000 calories and your fat intake doesn't go above 60 grams.

0|1
    0|0
  • how tall are u and how do you weigh? do you have a office job or do you move a lot?

0|1
    0|0
  • No , 1 sandwich isn't the problem.

Access your level of eating primarily.

If you're eating shit (er) then eat less.
    If you're eating healthy (er) then eat a Normal amount

0|1
    0|0
  • You could eat that and like 2 very small meals that day. You can probably eat 1500 cals a day and maintain. To lose weight you'd have to only eat that the whole day

0|1
    0|0
  • Just make sure when you do that once a week that's the only meal you eat all day

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • if it's similar to potato fries... yes

0|0
    0|0
  • no
    i eat 2 or 3 a week

0|0
    0|0