Why be a vegan?

Why not be one?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been on a vegan diet for almost a year and my experience with it was super positive. You feel lighter and you lost weight in an healthy way. I was happier and my relationship with food was different and really positive (my blood tests were really good btw). Of course, it's not an easy diet or lifestyle and it's not for everyone. Sometimes if this diet it's done in a wrong way can lead to various problems. So it's always better to research a lot of informations about it before ending up feeling really bad. There is also the high fibre problem, but I read that it's something that you can easily fix even if, I still don't think that it's the ideal diet for someone who has intestinal problems. I'd recommend this type of diet to a healthy person without digestive system problems and some other problematic issues. I was healthy and I didn't have any health problem at the time so it was a beautiful and successful experience for me. (Then a lot of stress and anxiety in my life fucked up my stomach and from then I can't support that diet anymore)

1|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Why be a vegan-Veg and non veg foods effect our bodies in very different ways. Veg food certainly has overall positive effects on our bodies and hence our lifestyles. If you want to know about the benefits of veg food on our body in detail then please google it you will get a lot more information. Even if many people say we need protein in our diets, there are plenty of veg products which provide high protein. I am sure you don't need more protein than a pro vegan bodybuilder or a vegan wrestler (yes they do exist).
    Some other points you can consider - If you are a person who would not like to eat an animal slaughtered brutally just for your hunger then you can turn vegan and I assume you are not living in antarctica where there is scarcity of plant foods. So you can try it.
    Why not to be- I don't really see a real reason to not to be a vegan. Maybe if in your country or region being vegan is costly.
    I don't feel changing a childhood habit or likeness towards non veg food should be a real problem after you read about veg food in detail.
    Yes if you feel being vegan would be difficult for you because of any other reason and you would still like to eat non veg food then its your personal preference.
    👍👍

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• People become vegan if they have different ideas of how they view slaughtering of animals. I personally would never go vegan, but I won't judge anyone unless they start judging me or rubbing their diet in my face.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like bacon and eggs and cheese way too much to be vegan.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Because we need meat in our diets. And it's super important for those who are underweight.

1|0
    1|0
    • Show All
    • Meat isn't necessary to keep us healthy. And our intestines are not designed to digest meats. Our intestines are very much different than those of true carnivores. Vegetarian animals ranging from gorillas to water deer, have bigger, sharper canines than we do; our canines aren't specially meant for processing meat. What we lack dentally is more important, in fact, than what we have. Gently open a dog's jaw, and there at the back will be the carnassial teeth, "blade-like and sharp and perfect for slicing meat." Lions and tigers, racoons and house cats — all carnivores — have them too. We don't.

• People are Meathooked. Factors of biology, including certain genetic predispositions and culture, ranging from family habits and cultural traditions all play a role, in why people feel that we NEED meat.
      How we produce meat is damaging our world and it is destroying our health. Your meat Is full of arsenic, diseases, antibiotics, it is poisoning people. Ask any Heart Doctor (Any Doctor really) about a plant based diet and he will tell you it is the best diet to be on. But realistically, most people are not going to stay on it because they are Meathooked.

• You shouldn't be especially when meat specifically organ meat is far healthier.

not to mention it's costly, restrictive and inconvenient.

0|0
    0|0
    • this is not accurate at all

• Show All
    • @SunshineRain Lol ok.

Just because you are vegan, does not make you healthy.
      Exactly.

And that's fine if meat doesn't work for you, some people actually can eat only plants but the vast majority of the people in the world eat meat and do eat it.

And it should be noted that a lot of people have quite veganism because it gave them health issues despite having adequate nutrition from it. Such as their hair falling out from lack of nutrition as well as never being full and always feeling they felt like they were starving to death, had no energy and suffered digestive problems.

It's also should be noted that just because your father died at 42 does not mean we all will, you can't blame meat for that, it could be that he had underlying issues that had nothing to do with what he was eating. He also probably didn't have enough of a balanced diet and didn't exercise, there are numerous reasons why what happened, happened.

• @SunshineRain

Humans are omnivores we were designed to eat a wild variety of foods.

Also you should be getting your essential oil, as well as your COQ10 and many other vitamins and nutrients. The ones you listed are by far not the only ones you need nor the most important.

but just because veganism works for you doesn't mean it's for the rest of us and for most people it isn't practical or cost effective.

• Vegans eat super healthy often times are in great shape. You still have to eat balanced not all vegans eat like they should though. Fake meat doesn't have the protein that say a steak has.

0|0
    0|0
    • 100 calories of ground beef has 10 grams of protein while 100 calories of fresh baby spinach has 12 grams

• Show All
    • That is lie and a big one. I have nothing against vegans my girl friend is a vegan i just look at both sides of everything. Fish is very healthy and so is grilled chicken

• I am curious on your views on why they are healthy?

• Very difficult lifestyle

0|0
    0|0
    • Most people find change difficult. Eating more fruit, veggies, grains, beans is not honestly difficult. Just stop eating dairy and meats.

• @SunshineRain that's a difficult task on a ship in the middle of the ocean

• 😄 Yeah that would be very challenging if you are in the service or being fed meals. It isn't like you can ask them to make grocery stops.

• inconvenient, restrictive and costly

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes