Why are we addicted to fast food?

1122

Most Helpful Girl

• It tastes good

What Guys Said 22

• It ticks all of our little boxes (RWAR its the addictive chemicals, shut up).
    Its fried, its salty, it fatty, its rich, its cheap, its crunchy, it smells nice, etc.

• Because fast food companies actually flavor their unhealthy foods to appeal to our tastebuds.
    In truth it's mostly overpriced junk. Think about the average price of just one McDonald's value meal. For just a little more you can buy enough lean groundbeef, your own choice of salt and spices, buns, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup and mustard, to have a small cookout for you and about three other friends or a small family.
    Imagine if everyone pitches in that same cost.
    Fast food isn't worth the cost, except the convenience.

• Sugar, salt, fat and carbs
    Simple recipe for addiction at those items stimulate pleasure responses

• Because america sure knows how to sell to its citizens

• The people that make the fast food have done a lot of research to make things that are addictive. Just the right amount of this or that. Bet you can't eat just one. And to make it worse, our bodies crave those poisons.
    It is a life style change to break those habits and addictions. Some day you are going to understand what it means that had I known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself. At age 18, you are invulnerable and will live forever. We are not invulnerable and we do pay for the sins we committed when we were younger.

• Fast food, of the many substance addictions people face. Other addictions include drugs, alcohol, porn, entertainment, gambling, etc.

The common denominator is dopamine release. Fast food focuses on the big 3, Salts, Sugars, and Fats

All taste good and are addictive. We get mature highs from fast food.

You will find obese people who are addicted to food get act addiction from depression, abuse, etc. They use food to as therapy since food is the only joy these people may get while in a abusive environment. Obese people are an extreme example of how fast food can be addictive.

For most people it is because it is Instant gratification! You will find that theme rampant in American society!

• Dunno, because most fast food is disgusting and makes you fat as shit.

• I hate eating fast food. Not eaten at McDonald's for years... I said no to pizza today and ate left overs coz thats better.

• i think its convenient, cheap and tastes nice. :)

• Because its so yummy.

• Cheap, and his has yummy chemicals. Delicious.

• They put chemicals in it that make you crave it

• It’s all the crack they put in it!

• Fast, cheap, easy

• Because convenience.

• Because fat triggers endorphines.

• I'm not

• Convenience

• Price haha

• cause the shits good and were lazy😁

• Im not I don't enjoy eating cancer

• sugar.. it's the sugar they put in it

What Girls Said 10

• I think most of it is quite nasty myself. Sometimes I have to order take out though when I am too ill to cook for myself

• Cos its pumped with enhances and sugar, and it has people people addicted.

• It's convenient and not all of it tastes bad. Can be pretty good, hah.

• Fast, cheap, easy, high carbs and sugars which triggers dopamine which makes us addicted

• I am Not addicted to it, but I am addicted to going out to eat. I don't have to cook or clean up.

• Because sugar, salt and fat are addictive.

• it's sooooo goood

• we aren't, you are

• I am going to write a short answer because I am lazy as fuck. Those foods are made in a way to release chemicals in our brain. Those chemicals make us feel good. Our brain gets used to those chemicals and we feel the need to eat those foods again after a few hours. As a result, we get addicted to those foods. I explained it as simply as I could.

• i'm not. i haven't ate fast food or any food at a restaurant in over 2 years and since then, i have lost a ton of weight and became way more fit