What are some healthy and flavourful recipes without garlic?

So my mother just found out that she has a garlic and onion intolerance. Given that we are Italian and Chinese, we have absolutely no idea how to cook without garlic or onions.

She also doesn't like curry apart from Jamaican jerk sauce.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Salt and pepper add no flavour. They are the very base seasonings. Please. Suggest something that is not plain white people food.

812

Most Helpful Guy

• Make the usual without garlic and onion. Perhaps tomato based foods. If she likes healthy perhaps go for some Arab food get some grilled meat with some bread.

• But how is it going to taste of anything without garlic or onions?

• Also what kind of monster makes pasta of any kind without garlic?

• Lol, I understand your dilemma but your mum is intolerant, everything will be tasteless.

I'd say Google some recipes online. I would look for ways to be initiative, use other ingredients as a replacement to onion and garlic. Be inventive, try something you wouldn't. Sushi, salads, noodles etc... cooking is a great way of expressing yourself. I look at it like art.