Do you consider cooking/baking a scientific process?

I know I do simply because there's so many elements that could go wrong such as over whisking etc... Many of us don't even consider the chemistry involved in baking a cake or reducing a sauce, but every texture is the result of molecules interacting.
  • It is scientific
  • It's an art
  • It's both
    Vote C

720

Most Helpful Guy

• Both for sure cooking/baking is irreversibly changing the form of multiple pieces of food to form a tastier whole through heat exposure and introduction of new elements. The art part comes into play when it's time for you to display your culinary scientific prowess for those who are about to eat it