Am I weird if I don't drink? Everyone is drinking... should I start? What if I get addicted?

So I have never drank alcohol before. All of my friends do. And I always wonder what would it feel like to drink. I don't know but does it make me weird to others?

Do I seem less attractive for being a non drinker? Should I start drinking?

I fear that I would get addicted... I wonder how do a lot of people drink alcohol and don't get addicted?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that you asked "should I start drinking" concerns me. Just because your friends drink doesn't mean that you should. You need to ask yourself 'will I benefit from drinking alcohol?' For me, it's a simple no, the smell is unappealing and I would like to keep my organs healthy. Also, no one should think it's weird that you don't drink, if they do, then something is wrong with them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer. I understand how the society can influence us

Most Helpful Guy

• Just bc your friends drink doesn't mean you have to. I'm 22 and I still don't drink cause I like to save money and I kind of despise drinking. Let you be you!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I dont think its weird that you dont drink. I feel like the only way it would be seen as unnatractive is if you judged everyone who does drink. And there is nothing wrong with trying it, but also if you feel thats something you may someday potentially become addicted to then it makes sense staying away from it. If you do decide to try it then i would just say try a moderate amount, dont go all out and get blackout drunk or anything, maybe just see what its like to be a little buzzed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude, if you don't want to drink, then don't drink.

I don't drink either, even if almost all my friends do. I just let them know upfront, "look, I accept that you like to drink; please accept that I don't." All of them accepted this, and we still have fun times together.

Some people might call you boring or too weird for not drinking, but these people are seldom worth hanging out with anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I honestly think it's more attractive when a guy cares about his health.

0|1
    0|0
    • Interesting. I always find girls fallin for the assholes who smoke, drink and do drugs.

• Show All
    • "And sure there advantages otherwise people wouldn't drink it."

Give me an advantage.

• Being drunk

• Perfectly normal 😊 I haven’t done that either, party because both my grandpas are alcoholics so it runs in my family, I wouldn’t want to be addicted to it. Only do what you wanna do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what you want bc you actually want to do it. Drinking might not be for everybody, so try it maybe to see how you'll like it, but just socially if you do, don't get fucked up off bat.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know cause I get addicted to stuffs easily and have low self control. So I don't drink tea or coffee either. AND I don't smoke.

So I wonder how would it turn out...

I heard that alcohol is awful taste...

I am kinda confused

• Well then go with you gut if you're that hesitant ab it leave it alone, like I said it isn't for everyone

• You shouldn't drink just because eveybody does it. And not everyone drinks. It is ok if you drink occasionally but i see no point in starting drinking without a reason (party, anniversary)

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust me, drinking is overrated. You can try it if you want but you're not missing anything by not drinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • You want to start a negative habit because everybody else does it?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how people can even stomach that stuff. It tastes disgusting

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all weird. I don’t drink either. It’s healthier not to drink anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some girls like boys who don't drink too, if you want to try, do it, but don't do if you're not ready just because other people have already done it

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand. Sadly I never have come across such girls

• Of course not.

1|0
    0|0
  • No it is not weird

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not weird.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• Everyone's taking a knee, turning feminine and making sure to be politically correct too-while procalaiming they're "soooo unique! definitely not like everyone else!"... so do that too! Don't get left out of the cool crowd! Or... you just could just be YOU. Like minds attract.

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust Me Those Who Treat You Weird or Treat. you Differently For Not Drinking are Assholes

Just Get away From Them

Some Are Cool With And Some Be Like (even The ones You Like or Look upto) come on bro Once For Me, Yolo, Just a sip Of Try Wouldn't Hurt...

Those Who Say That are Bastards And They Don't Realize It.

If You Want To Try Everything in life. Eat Shit, Try Drinking Urine Of a Donkey Hahahaha

On a serious Note: Some Things Are Left Not To Be Tried Out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a firm believer in trying everything once. If you're curious, try it. Won't hurt you.
    Takes a lot of hard drinking to get hooked, it's not something most people have to worry about

0|0
    0|2
  • Alcohol is not inherently a chemically addictive substance. However, it may become addictive if you are going through some heavy shit and the alcohol helps you forget about it. To answer your question, no, it isn't weird. Nor is it unattractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't start. It only makes you weird because people can't understand how you can get through the day without being fucked up. Addiction rate is roughly 10% of all drinkers, with 2 -3 times that being problem or at risk drinkers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its about the dosage and how often. Just try drinking sth if you are curious. Its funny. Why ask people if you can just do the experience. It won't make you addicted as long as you dont drink to substitute good feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • Peer pressure is how you get into trouble. Do what is right for you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude.. whatever i do.. dont drink.. im serious ul end up hurting ur self.. its not a cure at all!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say the same thing I'd try it once nothin more, and u shouldn't start drinking cuz others are drinking

0|1
    0|0
  • If you don't already drink, I don't really see a reason to start.

0|0
    0|0
  • Will you really start drinking to look more "attractive"? I've seen it all.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's your choice. I personally don't drink, because I'd like to consciously make my decisions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t give into peer pressure if that’s not your thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Ur 19. Don't drink. Don't get tempted to drink.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel weird for not drinking a lot..

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it is not weird. And i don't think that one should drink if others are drinking too. And according to me, it does not make u less attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't HAVE to drink, however, you might like it, if you find something you like.. just make sure you're not driving, and make sure you know your limit, generally, they heavier you are, the more you can drink, but also remember, the darker the beer, the more likely it is to have more alcohol

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes