Do you check the peremption date before you eat/drink something?

Do you check the peremption date before you eat/drink something ??

73

Most Helpful Girl

• I do most of the time

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, everytime if I'm unsure about it.

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, but I might still eat something that has expired. Stores have to give a -30% discount on products that are expiring soon, so I often buy those. More often than not it's the "best before" date rather than actual expiration date, so many products last longer than stated on the package.

• Are we talking about expiration date?
    I started to check because I noticed some store sell stuff that would get expired in two to three days.

• Yeah expiration date. I have ate once a yogurt which expiration date was over by 5 days but it was so fucking delicious that i catched diarreha ahah

• Lol yeah I ate something that was expired too cause it still tasted good.

• Yes, on certain things especially if its been there a minute or milk

• Peremption?

• You can’t trust direct translations.

• Yeah true I've been fooled many times because of that ahaha

• absolutely, I've bought many expired items before

• If you see something on a sale rack or bin, one must be aware that it is either already expired or expiring usually within a few days. But, the thing about those dates is they tend to say use by or sell by on them because those are the dates that the manufactures have determined to be the freshest for the product, but it does not mean that a use by/sell by date of 10/3 means on 10/4 that food or drink is poison or moldy. The only items I do or would pay strong attention to those dates are meat/condiments/or dairy products because they rot quickly and can be very dangerous to your health, but dry goods... they may be a bit stale if say it's a month or 2 past the date (which shouldn't be on a store shelf anyway), but they aren't likely to be harmful to you.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah

• No. Never have.