Why do people drink so much alcohol?

You wouldn't drink that much water would u?
I dont get it. It makes u sick and can put u in danger. Makes u behave stupidly.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Liquor is like poison. I use liquor to kill all the shit inside me. On on a more serious note... Why are you so judgemental? The reason why people drink alcohol is pretty obvious. It takes off the edge and allows you to vibe with people on a different level socially. They're all enjoying themselves while you sit in the corner looking autistic saying they're stupid. I don't know.. that's the vibe I get lmao. Relax and have a cold one once in a while. Lighten up.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Drinking wine as we speak lol because society says it’s needed for a good time, a sign of adulthood, & it’ll help enable sex. Dunno if thats a fact or not, but it’s got more flavor than water. So I’ll take it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• its not called gods water for nothing, it makes you feel braver, happyier, easier and it strenthens your bowls as you always feel like you need to pee.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ah good days... Anyway, there are reasons why alcohol addiction exists. And there many reasons why people drink sometime too much of it. But at the end it all boils down to not to be yourself for a while. It might be because of sadness, other enjoy the the courage they get while drunk, some are just much more social. The effects may be different but root is the same, escape from yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're weak minded and fall victim to peer pressure.

They are the type of people who will do anything to fit in and be "cool".

If their peers said jumping in a fire is "cool and fun" they would do it in a heart beat.

0|0
    1|1
    • If people only drink to be cool and fit in why do I spend so much time getting drunk alone?

• @Map4Territory
      Because you're an emotional wreck who does not know how to face his problems.

• You sound like all my ex-girlfriends, they were always yelling at me like, "Learn how to deal with your problems!","Get a job!", or "Yahtzee shakers are not an appropriate vessel to drink brandy from"

• Because they like being drunk. Even animals like to take drugs. Its normal. Not much people drink because of problems. There is no problem in taking drugs as long as you are functioning and Happy.

2|0
    0|0
  • Let's me forget a shitty day/week, don't get me wrong though, there is a line that you should not cross.

0|1
    0|0
  • People have addictions of all sorts and unfortunatley alcohol is one of them, and people drink to get over hurdles in their life but end up causing more damage to their health in the long run

0|0
    0|0
  • If water made them better looking at 2 am I'd drink water

1|1
    0|0
  • I drink because it's the only thing that takes the pain away.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are in pain and everyone has there vice some people choice alcohol which out all of mind altering substance is my least favorite in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • To drown sorrow, sometimes it's an addiction. To get away from life's troubles.

0|0
    0|0
  • Alcohol is a social lucrative , makes men brave... and makes women loose. Not good !!

1|0
    0|0
    • Alcohol is a very effective dissolving agent , it dissolves family's, marriages , friendships, jobs , bank accounts and neurons, but never problems.

• Apart from the problem of being sober...

• @Annie_Mosity. Never had that problem. I can handle reality just fine.

• Because they are unhapoy and uncomfortable in their own shells

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Just to enjoy

1|0
    0|0
  • unresolved childhood traumas over here WOOOOOOO

1|0
    0|0
  • People are idiots.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dnt

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Taste and euphoria

0|0
    0|0
  • they think it makes them look cool

0|0
    0|0
  • Responding to the OP, it's healthy to drink a gallon of water a day. I doubt there are many people who consume that much alcohol.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I agree, more of them is alcoholism and in doctoral career , some of them said it help from complicated mind etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most likely because you feel lighter when you're drunk, forgets problems and sadness. Like it feels good. For me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they can't be themselves while they are awake. When they drink they blame alcohol for everything they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • It lubes me up.
    Lubes me good.
    Lubes me like ur man wish he could.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people overlook their limits, or it might be what they're aiming for. To each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • some people think it's fun or get carried away or encouraged by others

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex was a bad drinker he would drink so much he would become abusive towards me

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • So bad for health😔 people do stupid habits

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes