Is anyone vegan NOT for the animals?

I’ve never even seen someone vegan solely for health. Makes me think that the only reason is animal cruelty and then they just say it’s healthier because they want more people to go vegan and save the planet etc. I’m not against veganism by the way just wondering

I went raw till 4 and gained hella weight from that so I’m skeptical of the healthhhhhhhhhy claims

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol i told my ex tht no matter what i go to a Dr for. like even if my toe is broken he always says tht i need to quitsmokimg she replied tht she never had a dr say this. i reply because in her paperwork she filled out it had diff response from mine when we got to receptionist and. The. Dr wldnt say it to her if she didn't smoke... She insist i made this up until wetook grand daughter to dr with an ear ache and he askd if her parents smoked and my ex replies she does but not near kids tht she goes outside or walks to distance from then and tgis dr if this isn't pushing an. Agenda replied omg u ready... He replied oh it doesn't even matter if sbe didn't smoke at all it is. Causeimg the childrento hv ear aches is microscopic ash from all of the other smokers in the world tht was culprit i had walkd away fast andwaited till wifi was n vehicle to say... Told u so but tht is total bs there r pollins dust and tons of microscopic things in our air no stidy has show this is the cause of childhood ear issues lets makesure. We spread the buyter in a way tht people agree our way is the right way cleber but not enough to fool this guy

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Whole-foods plant-based dieter here!👋🏻Hello😀, I do exist. I did it initially to help someone else who wanted to try it but couldn't do it alone, and I continue to this day because I lost over 20 lbs. and it significantly reduced the severity and frequency of the immune health problems I was having prior.
    Ethics has never been my motivation or my focus, but disclaimer: it's been years since I've eaten meat and so the idea of eating something that walked and had habits and stuff does gross me out, so I suppose ethics have snuck in there since I started out. (What can I say,🤷‍♀️ no one is perfect?) That being said, if it was between starvation and eating meat, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute.
    So there's the 100% honest truth, no conspiracy coming from my corner.
    If you're interested in where I got my information primarily, it's nutritionfacts. org, feel free to check it out and judge it's credibility for yourself. 😁Happy hunting!
    P. S. freelee's diet is mostly Bull****. I recommend the book: Eat to Live, as a guide to shaping your diet. It's written by a doctor, not some random Australian chick. 👍🏻

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I did for like 2 months, got the flu, and said fuck it i want stew. What you should really do is cut out carbs for health. Guess what. soda is vegan and it's also the #1 cause of obesity in the us and mexico.

1|0
    0|0
  • Any diet nowadays can be healthy. Let me explain, you can eat any type of diet (vegan, raw, mediterranean...) that includes the necesary components for you to live. This includes all sorts of vitamins, minerals, aminoacids etc etc. You only have to contact a nutrician to balance any diet you may take so all in all, they do it for the animals

0|0
    0|0
  • You can build a healthy diet a few different ways vegan is one of them I often prepare vegan meals because they are healthier but I'm not full time vegan because I don't have the time or energy to do it right.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was a practicing vegan for a couple years but I was still hunting and fishing. I would just make sure that what I killed got eaten so it's life wouldn't be wasted.

1|0
    0|0
  • people go vegan due to following reasons. They are allergic to gluten, lactose etc. They can't stand cruelty to animals. They want to live a healthier lifestyle ( than what they are currently living).

0|0
    0|0
  • Raw til 4 is a rip off. You can not eat unlimited amount of calories. With a vegan diet you can lose weight.

1|0
    0|0
  • there's nothing healthy about veganism so no. Its for the animals.

1|0
    0|1
  • well vegans dont wear leather or use products with animal products and stuff. if you are focusing on just the food then you are just on a plan based diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • The animal reasoning should be void considering plants r living beings also. as for health, pretend ur allergic to gluten n sugar n u should be good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes there are people who are vegan because of the religion they follow specifically hindus and bhuddists.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vegan is not healty. they do it mostly cause is trendy but if they really realize what veganism do to a body they surely change opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • If Lord wouldn't want people to eat Animals, he would make them of meat!!! :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat vegan butter because it tasts the same and just has less fat.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is also some very good ecological reasons to go vegetarian (the vegan part is probably not entirely necessary for that).

The problem with the health reason is that veganism in a healthy form requires a lot of work and research to do properly, humans are omnivorious naturally, and many of the things we get from meat can be rare or difficult to get from plants only. This is not to say it cannot be done, it can, but often people don't have the time or energy to pay that much attention to things, resulting in a less than healthy balance of diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian not vegan but not for the animals, I simply hate the taste of meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a friend who's mom knows someone who is fisherterian, her doctor told her that eating red meat caused her kidney stones, so, she's only eating fish now, for her protein, she never ate chicken to start with

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• There are a lotta people who are vegan for health reasons. If you eat raw it is healthy, you still have to eat in moderation though. And just to clarify, eating raw means you're not eating processed foods or drinking a ton of soda and things like that. A raw diet is eating just fresh fruits and vegetables

0|0
    0|0
  • My roommate is a vegan for environmental sustainability reasons (hes an ecologist).

I don't think veganism is inherently healthier, but generally vegans eat more nutrient dense food (lentils, veggies, beans, etc) than most people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am!!! I do it because it's good for my heart, skin, brain, etc. Not because of animal cruelty. Also, vegan foods are generally lower in calories, and I like to stay really thin.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no health-based reason to go vegan but it is the moral stance to take when it comes to diet.
    And I'm not even vegan myself.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm a vegetarian for health and environment reasons. I don't believe eating animals itself is wrong but it's unnecessary and causes climate change. The meat industry causes pollution and loss of biodiversity.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a friend who went vegan to lose weight/be healthier and he still is 10+ years later

0|0
    0|0
  • they actually live longer, I don't remember exactly but I think 5-10 years longer (on average)

0|0
    0|0
  • When I can't afford to buy quality dead animals

0|0
    0|0
  • is it not a good enough reason?

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s not what I meant, I was just asking if there were actually any health benefits. I’m not against veganism at all (((((:

• My mom became one gradually because she just didn't like the taste of meat or animal by products anymore. She cares about animals but she isn't doing it so they won't die. She just doesn't like how they taste

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes