How do you think you would have reacted if as kid trick or treating on Halloween you were given fruit instead of candy?

Like instead of Reeses or starbursts or whatever people handed out apples and banana's and such?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• We had an elderly couple who refused to give candy to the kids so they gave out bananas. Yes.
    As a 5 year-old I wasn't very happy. I was mad. I mean come on a banana. Kids want to eat candy- all of their candy in one night. I was allowed to have some but not nearly as much as I wanted.
    As a mom I totally understand why they did that. Candy is a cavity and I limit my kids candy consumption as it is but especially on Halloween.
    These days candy isn't a special treat for most children so the fun and excitement isn't there anymore.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Better for the kids than sugary treats! I know a particular Halloween were someone I knew was brave enough to give out an alternative to the expected sugar, and it wasn't fruit, it was cannabis! The significantly young who were accompanied by adults got the sweets, the older kids approaching their teens who are riding solo and maybe their final year of trick or treating, these different kids were treated differently, quite literally, they were given small joint sized portions of cannabis instead, making it quite inexpensive...

How would you deal with this guy, would you appreciate his alternative more to the point?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I'm allergic to apples. But i wouldn't have been allowed to eat them. Only ate candy or cookies that were in sealed packages. Back then we could still get by with "it's sealed so its mostly ok". You can't really do that now... people are so messed up.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd have been fine with it. However, I was cautioned not to eat anything that wasn't properly wrapped. So no fruit, no candy that looked like it could have been tampered with, etc. These days I would be even more nervous.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol we don’t have that here but we do have another one, where kids go door to door and sing a song it’s called “sintemaarten”. And as a kid a did that too, and some old people gave tangerines. I’ve never been that disappointed in my life hahaha

0|1
    0|0
  • Disappointed almost lol like wtf is this but its food nonetheless, I got a pack of hot chocolate one yr lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I better be grapes or pineapppes or I'm throwing that shit back at them.

0|1
    0|0
  • disappointed lol unless they give my favorite fruits

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd find it hilarious. Imagine how upset that kid would be 😂

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh you meant if the kid was me! I'd be upset. I'd hate to get an apple but I would accept and nice looking tangerine.

• Givd me basic fruits like apples, pears, bananas and oranges and I'll be OK. Give me figs and I'll throw them at your face.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they gave me mangos I'd be ok with it. Especially if it's a good one.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is great

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd feel sort of betrayed

0|1
    0|0
  • i be very happy

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I wouldn't trust the fruit. The apples could be riddled with razor blades or just rotten overall.

0|2
    1|0
  • Disappointed. The point of Halloween is not too give children food, it's to give children candy. Not that complicated.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some fruits are more fun than others. Having just ate 3 bags of candy... I think fruit can be fine.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would have been pissed and said don't you know we don't eat this we come back and throw it at your windows LOL not really

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be content if I get bananas, apples, berries it grapes. Otherwise, I would not be happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I give out pocket sized books of Mormon and a comic book about the impending apocalypse.

0|1
    0|0
  • Would not have been allowed to eat it. Older me would have thrown it in your yard.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd give it back n say thanks but no thanks.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be like *you can keep that, Thank you.*

0|1
    0|0
  • Get angry at the household doing that lol

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes