How do you think you would have reacted if as kid trick or treating on Halloween you were given fruit instead of candy?

Like instead of Reeses or starbursts or whatever people handed out apples and banana's and such?

1311

Most Helpful Girl

• We had an elderly couple who refused to give candy to the kids so they gave out bananas. Yes.
    As a 5 year-old I wasn't very happy. I was mad. I mean come on a banana. Kids want to eat candy- all of their candy in one night. I was allowed to have some but not nearly as much as I wanted.
    As a mom I totally understand why they did that. Candy is a cavity and I limit my kids candy consumption as it is but especially on Halloween.
    These days candy isn't a special treat for most children so the fun and excitement isn't there anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• Better for the kids than sugary treats! I know a particular Halloween were someone I knew was brave enough to give out an alternative to the expected sugar, and it wasn't fruit, it was cannabis! The significantly young who were accompanied by adults got the sweets, the older kids approaching their teens who are riding solo and maybe their final year of trick or treating, these different kids were treated differently, quite literally, they were given small joint sized portions of cannabis instead, making it quite inexpensive...

How would you deal with this guy, would you appreciate his alternative more to the point?