Have your taste buds changed as you've gotten older?

Hiw?

Mine certainly have. Besides the fact that I eat a wider range of food (basically anything), I find myself enjoying healthy food more.

I returned to North America after 5 years this week and was craving some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Tasted it, and couldn't stand it! Its so incomprehensibly sweet! Bleh!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I get u there. I used to love sweets now a lot of them just make me kinda nauseous even thinking of them. I used to hate stir fry with a passion. Now I love it! Lol

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to haye coleslaw but now its ok. Used to hate chicken salad. Used to hate coffee.
    Used to like gravy. Used to like jello. there's actually a lot thats changed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Anything you used to like but don't anymore?

• Show All
    • Oh shit didn't read that properly sorry!

• Thats ok. I figured you misread. That happens with lists sometimes. No biggie

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• So you think your butt taste buds changed because you aged five months? Even though it just so happens you were on a different continent for that same five months? Doesn’t it seem more likely that age had nothing to do with it?

0|0
    1|0
    • 5 YEARS. YEARS. If you're gonna be sassy rather than answer the question, at least make sure it has substance.

• Show All
    • Having lived a few years longer than you in answer to your question I would have to say no my taste has not changed over the years and compared to you that’s a lot of years. Lol but I would have to also factor in the fact that I have rarely traveled outside of this part of the continent that being the south west part of the united states compared to your global travels you have had the opportunity to savor tastes from all over so you would obviously have a much more interesting and relevant answer to your question than I. I anxiously await your take on this very important topic?

• And I just realized you are possibly expecting a sassy answer maybe? Having qualified it with being of substance? Hmmm... give me a few and I can probably come up with something...

• Yes quite a bit food I hated before I can actually eat now, some drinks and food I loved as a kid don’t really taste as good. I think it’s normal way we grow up we have little control of. But I think you can influence it to some degree if eat something enough.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah agreed, and if you don't have something for a while you're no longer attached to it

• They haven't. I still like the same things I did 10 years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be able to eat super sweet things in large amounts but now I hate anything overly sweet.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not so much an age thing more just what your taste buds get used too

1|0
    1|0
  • I"m liking more vegetables than I used to and I like eggs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't like tomatoes and onions when I was a kid. Now I love them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes a absolutley. Im same way. Cinn toast crunch is disgust. Still love frosted flakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really but I've been dieting for a few months and my palettes gotten simpler

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Yes, mine have definitely changed! I used to hate things like celery, peppers, pickles, and brussel sprouts but now I love them. I like a much wider variety of foods now and I'll try almost anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. @izumiblu has dead, soulless taste buds. She can no longer taste happiness and joy, instead those tastes turn to ask and bitterness. That's why she doesn't like pineapple on pizza or fries in shakes. :x

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah some stuff I liked as a kid, I can't eat now cause it's gross and some stuff I didn't like as a kid I love now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that happens to everyone, to some degree. When I was little I couldn't stand pickles -- now I don't mind them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, I'm just more willing to try new things

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to hate vegetables (raw and cooked). Now i'm ok with the most of it (still not a fan of spinach)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think @TheLuckyPizzaDog needs a hug.

⊂(◉‿◉) つ

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, i only eat vegetables, fruit and seafood now

0|0
    0|0
  • They change as you get older that's scientifically normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I wasn't much of a sweet tooth, but now I eat more cakes than I remember

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes