Do you care where your food comes from?

Do you care where your food comes from?How concerned are you about where your food comes from and the conditions under which it was produced?

724

Most Helpful Guy

• I do care but here in America is quite difícil to control that issue. America is all about profit: mass production of everything and the bigger the better is the way to go here. We let pestisides companies poison and modify the food so it can be as big as possible and last as long as possible. The pos is that by doing this we can get foods from side to side of the nation and even export to other countries that needs the products. The cons is that we truly never get organic food. You go to the supermarket today and see a tomato you go next Friday and looks the same.
    And lets not forget about the massive waste of food. Not only do Americans have all the food they can eat, to become huge, there is so much food that stores can't sell it all and instead of giving it away because they will lose "profit", they decide to let it go bad and throw it away or in the best case scenario make it compos.

A few years back when my family and I lived in our old home, we had a big backyard and we use to grow seasonal food. It was quite some work to make it grow, but we did it. All organic, the food tasted so much better because we know where it came from.

Most Helpful Girl

• In some cases, yes. I care about animal products. I like to get my my chicken from brands that have been approved by the RSPCA and I prefer to buy free range eggs, I don't get beef often for environmental reasons, but when I do, I make sure they're grass-fed. I buy organic in some cases, like if i'm gonna eat the skin, otherwise, I don't bother [I read about the label to know what their standards are] . Every now and then I like to buy stuff from local farmers, we have a lovely farmers market every Sunday, so yeah, i like to get stuff form there :)