Do you care where your food comes from?

Do you care where your food comes from?How concerned are you about where your food comes from and the conditions under which it was produced?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I do care but here in America is quite difícil to control that issue. America is all about profit: mass production of everything and the bigger the better is the way to go here. We let pestisides companies poison and modify the food so it can be as big as possible and last as long as possible. The pos is that by doing this we can get foods from side to side of the nation and even export to other countries that needs the products. The cons is that we truly never get organic food. You go to the supermarket today and see a tomato you go next Friday and looks the same.
    And lets not forget about the massive waste of food. Not only do Americans have all the food they can eat, to become huge, there is so much food that stores can't sell it all and instead of giving it away because they will lose "profit", they decide to let it go bad and throw it away or in the best case scenario make it compos.

A few years back when my family and I lived in our old home, we had a big backyard and we use to grow seasonal food. It was quite some work to make it grow, but we did it. All organic, the food tasted so much better because we know where it came from.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In some cases, yes. I care about animal products. I like to get my my chicken from brands that have been approved by the RSPCA and I prefer to buy free range eggs, I don't get beef often for environmental reasons, but when I do, I make sure they're grass-fed. I buy organic in some cases, like if i'm gonna eat the skin, otherwise, I don't bother [I read about the label to know what their standards are] . Every now and then I like to buy stuff from local farmers, we have a lovely farmers market every Sunday, so yeah, i like to get stuff form there :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• I am you're almost better off nowadays to grow your own food at least you know it's going into it and also the water source this year when buying watermelon every watermelon was different and a different taste because of the water source

1|0
    0|0
  • If it walks like a duck, tastes like a duck, its a duck. GMO is no different than controlled breeding. Any pesticide is controlled to kill the intended. Its as safe as chocolate to human but as toxic as chocolate to a dog.

If you grow your own food or buy local small farm thats great. If you buy from a big chain its just a different price for the same thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Aside for Ananas and Bananas, and a specific variaty of Cherries that only grow in Tunisia, we do not sell non-Italian frsh food in my family store. A good part of vegetables actually comes from 10 km tops.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but it's way harder in America than for example Europe or something.

1|0
    0|0
    • Because the food in Europe is way more healthy and you find like biological food way faster than in America, at least in germany you can go to a grocery store and get everything you need in like biological. And they don't have to be like stores like Whole Foods, just at a regular grocery store.

• It's so difficult to care about it. There is so much use of chemicals in almost every food product. Plus there are so many carcinogens, I think the option are quite limited.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it's not like you can 100% trust the sellers claim. So yeah I do kind of care but I don't invest too much time on it either.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wanna know what country it came from, but I don't want to know if it was mistreated or made by slave labor

1|0
    0|0
  • This is generally an opening to some vegan nonsense so no as long as it is approved

0|0
    0|0
  • nup, no, not really.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. What I don't eat will kill me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I trust that what I eat won't kill me.

1|0
    0|0
  • not at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • I grow as much of my own food as possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't give a shit

1|0
    0|0
  • A little

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup thats why I hunt and grow most of my own food

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. So long as it's clean and cooked properly

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care

1|0
    0|0
  • No I don't care

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, have other things to worry about

1|0
    0|0
  • Growth hormones... eeehhhhhk

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• We can monitor the grocery store but not the fields

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I’m not eating out a dumpster

1|0
    0|0
  • Very concerned

1|0
    0|0
  • Yesss

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care it

1|1
    0|0
    • You need to. Many people work day and night to produce food. , Money can buy foods but can't produce it.

• Not anymore.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes