Why America's restaurants have so big meals?

I've visited US like 5 times, and I remember than in ALL the restaurants that we went the meals were HUGE like literally I couldn't eat even the half.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Which restaurant did you go to?

I've been to all sorts of restaurants from giving me too much to not giving me enough.

I once went to a restaurant with some buddies and I ordered teriyaki chicken combo I think. The food was ridiculously over priced and the portions was a joke.

We stopped by In N Out afterwards cause we were still hungry.

0|0
    0|0
    • I went to Masa restaurant, Per se and olive garden and I ate normally. But then I went to some cheaper for like junk food and honestly I didn't ate anything and the plates were HUGE

• I'm not sure about Masa, but I have been to olive garden. From what I remember the stuff I ordered I thought it was average.

By junk food you mean like fast food restaurants?

• @JenDB hey are you online?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's because you are anorexic according to your photo. Your arms look like bones. You NEED to eat junk to gain strength back

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• well to get the people addicted and fat... lol
    the fatter you get the more hungry you get too... and the more you eat and the more money you spend
    therefore the more money the businesses take from you

classic America...

1|0
    0|0
  • My wife said the s Anne thing she is japenese and moved with me here. She is surprised by the amount of food and it's lack of quality.

0|1
    0|0
  • So you can take that shit home and eat later. Although, I felt that way when I was in Italy, yet I could finish my shit here

0|0
    0|0
  • No problem, just ask them to pack up what's left for you to take home and finish later.

0|0
    0|0
  • To justify the price of eating out. Usually we bring the rest home and eat it another day

1|0
    0|0
  • land of consumerism, based upon wants... not needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we don't half ass anything her everything is bigger here

0|0
    0|1
  • funny i always thought they never gave us enough lol

0|0
    0|1
  • Where did you eat? When I go out it's like five dollars for half a fucking serving

0|0
    0|0
    • I went to Masa restaurant, Per se and olive garden and I ate normally. But then I went to some cheaper for like junk food and honestly I didn't ate anything and the plates were HUGE

• A lot of fat people eat fast food so they make servings larger. I eat fast food quite a lot (because of my job) and the servings never really bother me

• @JenDB can u answer to dm please? :)

• Different countries has different portions to serve depending upon major demands

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Americans are fat

1|1
    0|0
  • So that American balloon up to 500 lbs

0|1
    0|0
  • Americans love to eat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Americans are fat