What key factors make a AMAZING burger to you?

in your eyes, what factors make an amazing burger!

for instance, taste, texture, freshness, price, produce quality, smell among others things

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Fresh brioche
    Good relish on the bottom bun and aioli on the top bun
    The cos has the inner stalk removed so there is no weird hard bit
    The carrot is ribboned and not shredded (no juice) and the onion is really thinly sliced
    The chicken or beef is only just cooked then rested but then patted with a paper towel so it doesn’t soggy the bread
    No cheese or tomato, and served with some extra relish on the side

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• - Ground Wagyu (Kobe) beef
    - Mustard powder, fresh diced shallots, touch of ketchup, garlic, salt and pepper, montaray jack or cheddar (it’s got to be a ‘cheesy’ cheese)
    - Brioche bun toasted, Burger cooked medium on a grill (critical point)
    - lettuce, onions, tomato and mayo
    - serve with double-cooked chips (fries)

You should be able to smell it a mile off, that ‘grilling’ smell which is actually the Maillard reaction. As for cost, at home it should be around £10per head for that level of beef eating out you’re looking at £20 easily.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think mustard is due for a comeback is overlooked nowadays, you seem to know your stuff too.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Freshness, flavour and texture

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say freshness, taste, texture, and quality. Whenever I make my own I make sure to get ground beef with fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion... along with cheese. As for seasoning, I use onion powder, garlic salt, season salt, Worcestershire, a little ketchup, and 1-2 eggs so I won’t come apart. I always like to use a charcoal grill if I’m grilling anything because I like to the flavor and smell it gives off. As for what goes on it, it’s the stuff listed above with ketchup, mayo, and mustard.

0|1
    0|0
  • Buns crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, perfectly cooked chicken breast, amazingly seasoned mayonnaise, quality cheese and lettuce. Made my mouth water already. Definitely no onion or bacon, those ruin a burger for me. And a small side of fries is important. Price somewhere around 12€-15€.

0|1
    0|0
  • The right amount to fat content to make it juicy. Proper seasoning with freshly ground salt & pepper , cooked on a hot hot skillet to give it a nice seered crust and topped with fresh tomatoe and lettuce. I’m finding I like organic, grass fed beef the best. also, a fresh brioche roll to help soak up the juices.

0|1
    0|0
  • Taste/Smell/Produce
    I need a nice BBQ bacon cheeseburger thats well done. I won't say price but $3-9 is ideal

0|1
    0|0
  • The tenderness of the beef and the different types of items in the bun like salad, mayo, onion, gherkins, tomatoes... its very satisfying

0|1
    0|0
  • A good patty made with meat that is a good balance of fat and lean. Very little in extraneous flavoring and little to no flour or anything. Sometimes when a patty has too much flour or egg, you can feel it in the texture. It's too... smooth. I don't know if that's the word to use. And it wouldn't need like bbq whiskey pineapple flavoring, it'll just taste like slightly charred meat. A good bun that's not to soft and not to hard. Sharp cheese. Maybe some sautéed onions and mushrooms and peppers. But that's it really.

No turkey allowed. No tofu either. Freshness is always a Plus but i mean, it's a burger. The price... should be average. I wouldn't expect it to be cheap but not like 30$ for a burger. I like mines simple and not too fussy really.

0|2
    0|0
    • Tofu? who does that!

• Show All
    • Shocking... ruin the burger AND the tofu.

I’m surprised you didn’t want pineapple on it too (it actually tastes delicious).

• @Cosytoasty Tofu is an abomination of nature anyways. If god wanted us to eat curdled soy milk, he would have put it in an animal.

I'm one of those people who prefer the natural flavor of meat. Or whatever. I dont like too many things on it, like heavily flavored cheeses (bleu cheese or mozzarella ranch sauce <- ?) or fruits that belong on my pizza instead of my burger.

• I don’t have burgers anymore but I remember that the meat and cheese were a big factor when choosing a good burger

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know im not picky about burgers hahah
    most are perfect to me lmfao
    #fatasshere

0|1
    0|0
  • One that doesn't make me want to kill myself after eating it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just the taste, if it taste good then that's a good one.

0|1
    0|0
  • Has to be juicy not dry... taste yummy too!

0|1
    0|0
  • The sauce

0|1
    0|0
  • Blue cheese

0|1
    0|0
  • Good bread

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't answer all that but I make mine using a thick burger, egg, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, red onion with cheese melted on the burger and I put it in toasted bread.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• The type of beef used, the way the beef is prepared, the seasonings used to cook it. But I definitely think the two things that make or break even the best beef is the bread and cheese. I don't care how bad a burger is you put it on fresh baked bread it'll be amazing and the cheese to. If your into cheese then a really nice cheese like gouda or Munster or even a really nice cheddar can make that 2 dollar Patty explode with flavor

0|1
    0|0
  • Mainly the meat - good quality meat is very key. And cooked properly, too, so that it's seared on the outside, and still pink (ish) on the inside.

I actually like something spicy on mine, too, plus the vegetables need to be fresh, and the bread freshly baked. And if pickles are being used, those need to be decent ones, too.

I'm not so bothered about cheese, fried egg or any of that kind of stuff on mine.

0|1
    0|0
  • if after i ate it, i feel my arteries clogging up and my bloodsugar reaching diabetic levels, then it was a good one.

0|1
    0|0
  • Taste is the main one to me, but the appearance and feel of the ingredients can make it more appealing

0|1
    0|0
  • Good texture of the burger, Make sure it's Ground beef, Make sure
    it's well done. I always melt American cheese on mine.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely taste and freshness.
    Get yourself some ground beef and hatch green chiles and mix them together in a bun. Throw some diced mushrooms and onions in a skillet with some garlic butter and sautée them a little, then add the beef-chile patty. Cook to medium-rare. Get yourself a kaiser roll and slap some sauce on it, I usually go for cholula hot sauce or, if you're fancy, get yourself a chipotle lime mayo and slap it right on the top side of the bun. Back to the skillet, keep the mushrooms and onions moving so they cook evenly, and after you flip the burger melt on two slices of pepper jack cheese.
    Once it's all cooked through, get the burger on the bun, pile the toppings on top of that sweet gooey cheese and slap that top bun down.

... Now if you'll excuse me, it's lunch time and I'm gonna go make one of those :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Grass fed beef, cooked well done, juicy, and covered in spicy BBQ sauce. 🔥

0|1
    0|0
  • Fresh veggies, load of cheese and powerful spice kick.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vegan

0|1
    0|0
  • taste.. im a cook.. i prefer a taste

0|1
    0|0
  • Price, Quantity then Quality.

0|1
    0|0
  • Actual beef