Do you know how to cook (well)?

Not just warming up stuff, and preparing frozen meals doesn’t count! I mean REALLY cook.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have made all kinds of things from scratch and improved some recipes. To list a few, cabbage rolls, fajitas (marinated overnight and grilled outdoors), pizza dough from scratch a killer pizza with fresh peeled Italian anchovies, fresh bread, turkey with oyster stuffing, duck, a killer antipasto, spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes picked from the garden (this takes awhile and only did once) but it is something,. I have a garden and I can vegetables, and sauces, and pickles. Anyways that was on very special occasions and I usually make oatmeal, plain fish, greens, beans …. thats it.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I'm a chemist. I only learned how to cook after taking a bunch of chemistry lab courses. Unfortunately, during one of the best and first meals, I chipped a molar tooth while eating. Since then, I never really liked cooking because I associated that experience with cooking a really nice meal.

I still know how to cook, and I do so every now and then, but I rarely do, and don't enjoy doing it.

1|1
    0|0
  • yes I can make chapatis, rice, I can cook brinjals, potatoes, cabbage, spinach, fenudreek, capsicum, biytrrguard, lady's finger, cauliflower, some traditional breakfast materials, tea, etc

this all started with competition among us friends about cooking

I started learning cooking from my mother from 5th std. i think, iwas 11-12 years. old at that time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I can make like these

1|0
    0|0
  • I am, for the most part, indifferent to food. I eat to avoid the effects of not eating. So I put the least effort into it that I can. I eat a lot of raw food (salads, raw veggies, etc) and prepared by others, requiring only hot water or a few minutes in the microwave.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.. lots of varieties.. can't wait to cook for my future wife.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, one should learn how to cook. It's not too difficult, and it's always nice making something delicious from scratch.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm okay at it. I've self taught myself on basic cooking skills and often make myself pasta dishes. They don't usually turn out perfect, but I'm still trying to improve myself.

1|0
    0|1
  • I'm pretty good. My parents were both good cooks that taught me early, and it's part of my job so I kinda have to be

1|1
    0|0
  • I can make spaghetti, tacos, hamburgers, eggs and bacon, chipped beef, and similar things. I can also cook with a deep fryer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Baking is where I really shine, but I would say that I'm better than most at cooking.

1|2
    0|0
  • I'm great at Irish cooking. You throw stuff into a pan and see what happens.

1|0
    0|0
  • cooking is necessary how else am i going to brag (jk)

but seriously cooking is important everyone should know it.

1|0
    0|0
  • vegetarian food..
    cooked food will be ok ok type
    For exact taste i'll need recipe

1|0
    0|0
  • I can follow a recipe fine, its when I try something freestyle I have problems

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I can cook a decent meal. I learned to cook watching youtube videos during college. Got better after a few dozen fails 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Never really tries it but I have this sort of "gourmand" instinct and I'm a bit adventurous sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'm nice with it, I'm from the tribe of Asher 😏

0|0
    0|0
  • I learned from my mom she had 2 restaurant's

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I can cook. Baking is m more fun though

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm good at microwaving stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I can make simple stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • I can make some bomb ass pancakes 👌

0|0
    0|0
  • 🤓...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Yes I know how to cook well :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to think that I'm decent at cooking. I normally don't have recipes to go off of and throw together a rounded meal based off of what we have. Kind of a side affect of learning to cook in a poor environment with very little time as an A honor student and a crazy home environment. I'm still learning and am actually really proud of a lot of meals I make on a day to day basis. I get a lot of practice now since we can't afford fast food and I still live with my dad.

1|0
    0|0
  • My Mum 'forced' me to help in the kitchen since I was very young (to help peel and cut stuff etc) so I get the hang of the kitchen environment early, but she never actually let me cook for her (except when I'm under her close supervision, basically she cooked with my hands haha).

However since I moved abroad and started living alone, I have to cook my own food. Surprisingly I can cook very well, most of simple dish I can cook without recipe, and the complicated dishes I can cook with recipe. Boyfriend told me a while ago that he's happy that I cook really well but sometimes he feels bad because he thinks my food is better than his Mum's :)))

1|0
    0|0
  • I've made casseroles, pies, dishes, even cook using wine as the seasoner. Some are family recipes too

1|0
    0|0
  • If I have a recipe, I can do pretty much anything, but I can cook stuff without a recipe too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love to cook and to try out new recipes :D I do not know how good I actually am at that, but no one has ever said something bad about this. ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • If I have a recipe to go off, then yeah. If not then nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Although I consider myself to be a very competent cook, my husband strangely enough is far more adventurous and creative.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! The benefits of having parents who own a restaurant!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Nkt even close. It's a skill I don't have. I've learned to eat really bad food though hahah

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes, I can cook well

0|0
    0|0
  • Yepp

0|0
    0|0
  • Partially but I'll only cook breakfast.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes