I feel like I’m being worked too much with so much to do in so little time?

I’m 17 years old and at Panera Bread I usually work 20-25 hours a week. Some days are easier than others because of rushes and rude customers. But, in a four hour shift on weekdays I feel like I have too much to handle. I work Drive-thru and am the barista for all drinks ordered anywhere in the store. Only morning shifts have two people, so when I arrive I’m the only one there to do the job of basically three people at once. I clean bubblers nearly every shift, have to run up front to grab any pastries or bagels anyone orders, and today my manager wanted me to clean out the huge barista syrup area. My drive through window percentage was below what they expect, but it’s impossible to get someone through in four minutes or less anyway. I can’t control how fast the line works. The syrup holder and pumps didn’t need to be cleaned until November 5th, but I think she was just mad at me for no reason (she does this to people) and wanted me to clean it just so I had to suffer. It took me awhile, about 30 minutes, and I had to help keep up with dishes and smoothies all amidst a huge lunch rush in Drive through. She acts entitled and rarely ever helps me while there’s 7-10 cars piling up. My manager asks for so much of me while I’m busy taking orders and cashing people out. What do I do? Am I justified in feeling overwhelmed?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• I know exactly how you feel. I worked at a bakery for a couple of days as well. I didn't quit due to the amount of work, but I quit due to the behavior of the other people who worked there. I didn't even give 2 weeks notice.