Why is Italian food more expensive than Chinese, Thai, and Mexican food options?

All the highest priced places in my living area are Italian or steak houses which with steak is understandable. The places my girlfriend and i usually go to for dinner however are places with cheaper food but it is just as good and filling such as the authentic Mexican, Chinese, and Thai restaurants. I don't understand why pasta based dishes with cheese, peppers garlic, and just 6 ounces of chicken etc. are so highly priced while Mexican, Thai, and Chinese are almsot awlays 40% cheaper and just as if not more filling. Sorry if the answer is so painfully obvious I'm not a chef or foodie so it's just something im interested in learning.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• The time, quality, and products used.

Most Helpful Guy

• Italian (also french) have these aura of fine dining. Lots of Italian restaurants caters for fancy fine dining. Which are costlier.