Why is Italian food more expensive than Chinese, Thai, and Mexican food options?

All the highest priced places in my living area are Italian or steak houses which with steak is understandable. The places my girlfriend and i usually go to for dinner however are places with cheaper food but it is just as good and filling such as the authentic Mexican, Chinese, and Thai restaurants. I don't understand why pasta based dishes with cheese, peppers garlic, and just 6 ounces of chicken etc. are so highly priced while Mexican, Thai, and Chinese are almsot awlays 40% cheaper and just as if not more filling. Sorry if the answer is so painfully obvious I'm not a chef or foodie so it's just something im interested in learning.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The time, quality, and products used.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Italian (also french) have these aura of fine dining. Lots of Italian restaurants caters for fancy fine dining. Which are costlier.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Coz it's made by Italians... lol that's a joke...😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • "Cuz it's "fancy" food

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause Italian Food Is The Best.

0|0
    0|0
    • I grew up on Italian food with every Sunday being a pasta dinner with my siblings, and parents so as a result I only like my parents spaghetti recipe and I figured most Italians would prefer their family recipe as well.

What Guys Said 2

• I think this is more related to your locality than an overall truth. Additionally, some restaurants can streamline menu in the kitchen which makes it easy to produce and serve, whereas some restaurants literally make everything from scratch. Sometimes a restaurant will have a streamlined menu but will charge absurd prices because they can get away with it. It just depends on the competition in the area.

0|0
    0|0
    • Their is a lot of competition for fine food Italian restaurants since the area is mostly populated by people with an Italian background. Their are only a few Mexican, Thai, etc. options to eat at so their is less competition for them.

• I think you answered your question.

• Italian ingrediants are quite expensive when compared to chinese ingredients.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes