What are some weight loss tips in regards to food?

Foods to avoid, foods to eats, calories intake, etc.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't think in terms of "lose weight" firstly. Think "get healthy" rather.

If you're wanting to reduce your body fat percentage then diet needs to be fats to provide fuel - whole fats like butter, cream, milk, cheese as well as oils like olive oil, groundnut oil etc. Avoid processed oils or blends.

Good quality protein. Veg high in fibre and water.

Avoid refined carbohydrates. Honey is good, especially if you can get raw honey, but avoid sugar and high carbs like pasta - especially in the evening.

If an ingredient uses the word "artificial" avoid it - especially sweeteners. Aspartame, saccharine, etc actually cause as much damage in long term as sugar does.

High insulin levels contribute to weight gain, and avoiding refined sugars lowers insulin levels and reduces strain on your pancreas.

Only eat when you're hungry and try to drink actual water, not just juice and soft drinks.

Hope that helps

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Have about 1,200 calories a day

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Avoid

Foods High in Added Sugar
    Added sugar is probably the worst thing in the modern diet. High-Calorie Coffee Drinks.
    Ice Cream
    Some Types of Alcohol (Especially Beer)

Pastries, Cookies and Cakes

Most Fruit Juices
    Most fruit juices you find at the supermarket have very little in common with whole fruit.

Fruit juices are highly processed and loaded with sugar.

Candy Bars, White Bread, French Fries and Potato Chips

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat fewer processed foods, like frozen dinners and Pop Tarts and crap like that. More raw fruits and veggies-- if you do choose to cook your veggies, do it very lightly, like lightly steamed, nothing more. More whole grains. Leaner meat, like less red meat and burgers. More fish. You can still enjoy dessert, by the way. Some cookies or cake or whatever. Less alcohol. Don't smoke. Less caffeine. More sleep. More exercise that actually challenges you. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coming from someone who's lost 200 pounds with 200 to go... Don't drink pop/soda/cola etc. Switching to just water, I dropped 30 pounds in a week. Don't eat ANYTHING with high fructose corn syrup, it's so horrible for you. Stay away from processed foods and eat fresh foods. Anything meat, fruit, veggie is where it's at. Switch out any snacks for nuts, less fatty ones like almonds are perfect. Limit your carb intake to less than 20 grams a day and pounds will fall off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay away from "enriched", sugar, grease, fried, etc. Eat your fruits in the morning/afternoon, drink plenty of water even if you add the flavor stuff like mio, and have a light dinner like chicken breast grilled or baked, salmon, tuna, and the rest of the plate vegetables

0|0
    0|0
  • Avoid deep fried fast foods and sugary soft drinks. Stick to fibre rich diet like dates (Middle eastern fruit), Almonds and milk.

I experimented with dates almonds and milk for a month results were really surprising.

0|0
    0|0
  • Avoid sugar!! Everyone thinks to avoid fat but the medical research is actually starting to realise sugar is the main problem.
    Workout your BMR (google BMR calculator) that'll tell you how many calories you burn a day just existing. If you want to lose fat then minus around 150 from that number and that's the number of calories you want to be eating per day. Then fit your diet around that number.

Even though this video is more geared at bodybuilders, it's still helpful (search "Scott Herman Meal Plan) i would link it but I'm not high enough level on here)

Hope this helped :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about net calories burnt ( intake Vs burnout). Foods rich in complex carbs n protein help better in weight loss. Avoid foods high in saturated fats.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut out fizzy drinks, sweets chocolates etc. Dairy products, carbs and alcohol. Also start smoking or vaping with nicotine. Also start excersizing regularly

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you should avoid all junk food but remember you can eat whatever you want as long as you're eating less calories

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't eat big meals. Do smaller ones throughout the day

0|1
    0|0
    • Honestly I don't think this really matters as much as people sometimes say.

• It does if your not a regularly active person. If you eat two big meals instead three or four smaller ones, your overeating those two times for one which will make you naturally over eat after every meal plus your metab does not like getting a big meal being dumped on it first thing. Food will be processed slower

• Drink a lot of fluids especially tea, and exercise a lot ☺️

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do 2-3 sets of planks a day.

0|2
    0|0
  • Stay away from very oily food except fish

0|1
    0|0
  • Lots of poutine 👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't eat anything that comes out of a packet.

0|1
    0|0
  • calorie deficit is the best way

0|0
    0|0
  • Google it

1|0
    0|0
  • Avoid sugar and eat less than 1800 calories.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• My tip is "more,": more water, more whole plant foods, more exercise, more sleep.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try eating foods that only add up to 2000-3000 calories at the end of the day

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not eat more than you burn. That is all. I eat junk food all the time and I remain the same weight. It's tested/guaranteed. The problem with junk food is that it is addictive and your body needs more. Therefore, it requires a lot of self-control not to overly indulge. That's one of the reasons why people try to eat low-calorie, healthy food. It can keep you full and even if you overindulge it doesn't matter that much.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes