How do you make your coffee in the morning?

If you use a single serve coffee maker like a Keurig, do you have any complaints? For me, it doesn't taste nearly as great as freshly brewed coffee. I've been working on a little side project for a while tasting almost every starbucks drink and other local coffee shops around here... The goal is to make a premium single serve coffee maker that doesn't taste like shit.

It has a UX design that would intergrate with an app in which you'd be able to choose certain types of drinks like lattes, expressos, mochas, cappucinos.. etc. You would have an assortment of essential incredients that you refill as nessesary for what ever types of drinks you enjoy. It would all be of the same brand and be quality/fresh rather than processed garbage.

The app would have updated menus to give you ideas in the same way that a starbucks has seasonal menus. There's a lot out there, but I have some unique addons that would make my idea different. I'm not getting into details and I'm not even trying to pitch you and idea. I just want to hear your thoughts on coffee and how you like/dislike your coffee maker.

1812

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a Keurig and a Ninja on my kitchen counter at the moment, I think the last time I used the ninja was a few months ago and I use the Keurig when I'm running too late to make a run through Starbucks or Caribou on my way to work.
    I'm extremely unimpressed with the ninja, had kind of high hopes for that one. Maybe if I had messed around more with it but I just don't have the time or patience for that trial and error shit.
    Not a huge fan of my Keurig but it does that trick and I'm a sucker for flavored creamers so it works alright.
    If there was something on the market like what you're talking about I'd buy it in a heartbeat though. Sounds fairly easy and not too much fuss.

Most Helpful Guy

• I use a Keurig, and I agree. Coffee shop coffee is so much better. I think the key to using a Keurig to its fullest is to:

- Buy a Keurig reusable K-Cup. There are dozens of different kinds on Amazon. I use this one www.amazon.com/.../ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

- Get fresh bean coffee and use a grinder. I use www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_4

- Make sure to change the filter on the Keurig frequently, like every 3 months or so. Also, make sure to clean out the water tank every couple days.

- Clean out the Keurig regularly; fill the tank with a water and white vinegar solution and let it sit for an hour. Then run the mixture through the machine until all the water is out of the tank. Refill with fresh water and then run it through again.

- Use mineral water, OR spring water and add a little bit of salt, when making a fresh cup of joe. This really brings out the flavor of the coffee.