How do you make your coffee in the morning?

If you use a single serve coffee maker like a Keurig, do you have any complaints? For me, it doesn't taste nearly as great as freshly brewed coffee. I've been working on a little side project for a while tasting almost every starbucks drink and other local coffee shops around here... The goal is to make a premium single serve coffee maker that doesn't taste like shit.

It has a UX design that would intergrate with an app in which you'd be able to choose certain types of drinks like lattes, expressos, mochas, cappucinos.. etc. You would have an assortment of essential incredients that you refill as nessesary for what ever types of drinks you enjoy. It would all be of the same brand and be quality/fresh rather than processed garbage.

The app would have updated menus to give you ideas in the same way that a starbucks has seasonal menus. There's a lot out there, but I have some unique addons that would make my idea different. I'm not getting into details and I'm not even trying to pitch you and idea. I just want to hear your thoughts on coffee and how you like/dislike your coffee maker.

How do you make your coffee in the morning?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a Keurig and a Ninja on my kitchen counter at the moment, I think the last time I used the ninja was a few months ago and I use the Keurig when I'm running too late to make a run through Starbucks or Caribou on my way to work.
    I'm extremely unimpressed with the ninja, had kind of high hopes for that one. Maybe if I had messed around more with it but I just don't have the time or patience for that trial and error shit.
    Not a huge fan of my Keurig but it does that trick and I'm a sucker for flavored creamers so it works alright.
    If there was something on the market like what you're talking about I'd buy it in a heartbeat though. Sounds fairly easy and not too much fuss.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I use a Keurig, and I agree. Coffee shop coffee is so much better. I think the key to using a Keurig to its fullest is to:

- Buy a Keurig reusable K-Cup. There are dozens of different kinds on Amazon. I use this one www.amazon.com/.../ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

- Get fresh bean coffee and use a grinder. I use www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_4

- Make sure to change the filter on the Keurig frequently, like every 3 months or so. Also, make sure to clean out the water tank every couple days.

- Clean out the Keurig regularly; fill the tank with a water and white vinegar solution and let it sit for an hour. Then run the mixture through the machine until all the water is out of the tank. Refill with fresh water and then run it through again.

- Use mineral water, OR spring water and add a little bit of salt, when making a fresh cup of joe. This really brings out the flavor of the coffee.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I have keurig coffees or else I grab a starbucks on my way in. I agree keurig doesn't taste nearly as good as freshly-brewed coffee, but I'm very lazy in the mornings! 😅

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have any fancy equipment, just a regular drip coffee maker that cost like $20. What I like is that it's extremely cheap to make coffee that way, what I dislike is the machine takes longer than I would like.

0|1
    0|0
  • my maid brews my coffee in a bonavita immersion dripper

0|1
    0|0
  • Traditional coffee brewer, those single cup things just add to landfills and it's expensive. I like having control over the strength of my coffee. Just straight up, medium to strong black coffee.

0|1
    0|1
  • I use a regular coffee maker and sometimes my Keurig. Love Tim Horton's coffee (here in Canada).

2|1
    1|0
  • I rarely drink coffee in the morning, but when I do I make classic turkish coffee. With lots of milk.

0|1
    0|0
  • I use a Keurig. And I prefer to take it with almond milk and stevia.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a 4 cup drip coffee maker. I have a big coffee mug, and I like it kinda strong with powdered creamer and sugar

0|1
    0|0
  • If you’re serious about this... why are you positing your idea publicly? Someone could easily steal your idea in a snap

0|0
    0|0
    • I haven't shared any major details of what makes mine unique.

• Yes and no... an intelligent person could toy around with it.
      I worked for Starbucks for 8+years and it was a great stepping stone into the world of coffee.
      Starbucks doesn’t have the best coffee- better than Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds but doesn’t top traditional espresso machines. The shots always taste incredible making cappuccinos, flat whites, lattes, and plain espresso remarkable.
      I’ve used Keurigs, drip coffee (cone & flat bottom), cold brew, etc and I think it would be a great idea to try to improve the Keurig. It’s definitely simple and easy... and needs improvement

Go for it

• I boil water with a boil machine, then some coffee beans and then I put milk and sugar in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely have coffee but when I do I like it out of the old fashioned coffee makers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall, dark and black

0|1
    1|0
  • French press, its sooooooooooo much better

0|2
    0|0
  • Yuck coffee

0|0
    1|0
  • 3in 1 Jacobs or Jacobs with milk

0|1
    0|0
  • Rather have tea 🍵

0|0
    0|0
  • Why so long tho?

I use a coffee machine.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I like it strong, flavourful with little bitterness and no funny aftertaste

0|1
    0|0
  • I use the Keurig however I to have the same complaint it's not the same taste/quality. It's only saving grace? Being able to drip out a coffee within a minute.

0|0
    0|0
  • wait you suppose to make coffee in the morning i thought you suppose to eat them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Old school espresso style, nothing beats this way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any and all coffee is good to me. I usually drink it black.

0|0
    0|0
  • i add so much sugar and <3 in it

0|1
    0|0
  • In a can from the AM/PM.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't drink coffee 🙃

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't drink coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • Instant coffee, light sugar, plenty of creamer

0|0
    0|0
  • as I expected from you, not one serious reply to anyone on here. Everything you post has to turn sexual even when you're allegedly being serious. Good luck on your coffee stuff though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes