How adventurous are you about trying new food?

How adventurous are you about trying new food?
How daring is your palate?
Are there any dishes on your bucket list, or have you tried everything under the sun?
What are you absolutely NOT willing to try, ever?
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I'll try ANYTHING at least once! (note: this includes dishes like live octopus, poisonous pufferfish, fried insects, etc.)
    Vote A
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I'll try MOST dishes, but I have some limits (e. g., nothing that moves while I'm eating it; nothing that resembles my pet, etc.)
    Vote B
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I've dabbled here and there, and have a few exotic dishes on my list of foods to try, but nothing outrageous. (Do tell!)
    Vote C
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I stick to the tried and true. If I ever experiment with food, it's because I got tricked into it.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The best way to put it, is I will eat anything that wasn't gross while it was alive. So for example, fried bugs would be a no, but dog would be a yes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Good call, bugs are gross. Can't speak for the dog, though.

• Show All
    • I had mine at a regular bar, lol!! It was okay.

• Lol, you lucked out then.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm quite adventurous and more so when drunk and being pressured by many friends lol. Being from Toronto, Canada, and an Asian... I'm known to be adventourous in terms of cuisine. I've had balut (Fillipino street food - did not like it!), scorpion on a stick (Went to a street market in Thailand where my brothers and I dared each other - wasn't too bad), had Kangaroo and crocodile while I was studying abroad in Australia as well as was lied to about Vegemite being the Australian "Nutella"!! I'll try anything as long as it's properly prepared to where it can't poison nor harm me. So like live octopus is a no (even though I'm Korean and it's a Korean delicacy; I've heard people can litteraly choke from trying to swallow it down!)

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow, that's quite the trick they pulled on you about Vegemite! It's nothing like Nutella, that's for sure, lol.
      I've had scorpion, too. Along with worms and ants. They all taste the same to me.
      Have not tried kangaroo, but I've tried crocodile and alligator, and I daresay those two are some of the best-tasting meats I've ever had.
      Yeah, live octopus sounds like a bit of a health hazard. I imagine it's very chewy and tough. I've had undercooked octopus, and it's virtually impossible to eat.

• An octopus' suction thingys on their tentacles can get stuck in one's throat causing them to suffocate - I rather avoid then urge to try it than risk my life! So yeah, it's a hard no thank you for me haha.

And yeahhh, my innocent self was fooled badly when I had a good slab of vegemite with toast and coughed and ran to the sink rinsing my mouth... blahhhhh 🤢 The crocodile kebab I had was rather tender, also had it in the form of a steak... It wasn't bad, but I'm more of a fish kinda gal anyhoo.

• Oh, really? I didn't know that... but, that makes sense! I also wonder if their ink comes into play here. If you're eating the octopus whole, I can see how that would be a problem... their ink is quite sticky.
      Haha, well, at least you can say you've tried it. It's always an experience trying new food, even if it's not to your palate. When I eat something less than savory, I think of it as XP points in the bucket list department, haha.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I'll try anything that isn't a grub once (insects are fine deep fried).

1|0
    0|0
    • I think they all taste the same once you fry them. I've had ants, worms, scorpions (last two not technically insects, but yeah) and I can't distinguish flavours.

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...4-8770-5fc04ebf2ac5.jpg I'll try ANYTHING at least once! (note: this includes dishes like live octopus, poisonous pufferfish, fried insects, etc.)

1|0
    0|0
  • I remember I gave up the chance

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol they can't really grab them that's kinda funny

• I’m literally so fussy so I probably wouldn’t try anything that doesn’t look appealing, the simple things keep me going lol.

1|0
    1|1
  • I'll try anything perhaps with insects being the lowest of my priorities.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nothing that once had a shell, or bugs. Also spiders, cause I'm anarchofobic

1|0
    0|1
  • I will try most of them unless they are absolutely uncouth like insects and something weird!

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh love trying new foods and learning about the people that make it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm weak at heart ❤️

1|0
    1|1
  • I will try anything besides humans at least once

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I'm pretty adventurous and would try most things! Stuff that I find rather normal some people find completely disgusting.. Like sushi? Apparently some people find sushi super foreign and weird... I loveee sushi lol. Calamari and octopus are AOK in my book. I love calamari actually haha. I've also eaten crickets before. They're not bad. I had them dried.. It's basically just like popcorn but with a bit less flavor.
    The most foreign thing I've tried is probably Duran... Blehhhhhh... That's the most disCUSTING thing I've ever eaten... Even just the revolting smell was enough to make me nearly puke.. Ugh.. Even thinking of it makes my stomach curl.. I clearly remember the smell and taste.. So gross..

1|0
    0|0
    • Sushi is foreign in the US? It's pretty common here, in Canada... you can find it in any grocery store or supermarket. Almost all restaurants offer it, too.
      Octopus is my favourite seafood! I love it. Marinated and sauteed octopus is to-die for in my books. Probably one of the hardest dishes to cook, though. Took me a long time to figure out how to make it without turning it into rubber.
      Durian is horrible. 🤢 I've had it in fruit and smoothie form. Both equally gross. Apparently, it tastes very different from how it smells, but I can't taste its flavour because the smell is so over-powering.

• Show All
    • Ah, ok. Gotcha. I guess if you're overly conservative, anything that you haven't tried would be foreign to you. Even though sushi is really not that weird.
      Yup, but it's delicious when prepared properly. :)
      Haha, well, at least you can say you've tried it if anyone ever asks you to try it again.

• Haha true enough!
      I personally don't find sushi more foreign than I find spaghetti 😂 But I guess that's just what some people think haha
      True!
      And... Yes.. I'll definitely have to give them the hand 🙌🏼 no thanks I've had my fill of that for an eternity 😂

• I'm allergic to basically everything. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • LOL at some of those photos. But yeah, I'm adventurous. How boring would it be to eat the same foods all the time.. You need to experiment

1|0
    0|0
  • Never got tricked but I just stick with what I like

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted B.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll try MOST dishes, but I have some limits

1|0
    0|0
  • I am very adventurous