How adventurous are you about trying new food?

How daring is your palate?
Are there any dishes on your bucket list, or have you tried everything under the sun?
What are you absolutely NOT willing to try, ever?
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I'll try ANYTHING at least once! (note: this includes dishes like live octopus, poisonous pufferfish, fried insects, etc.)
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I'll try MOST dishes, but I have some limits (e. g., nothing that moves while I'm eating it; nothing that resembles my pet, etc.)
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I've dabbled here and there, and have a few exotic dishes on my list of foods to try, but nothing outrageous. (Do tell!)
    Vote C
  • How adventurous are you about trying new food?I stick to the tried and true. If I ever experiment with food, it's because I got tricked into it.
    Vote D

912

Most Helpful Guy

• The best way to put it, is I will eat anything that wasn't gross while it was alive. So for example, fried bugs would be a no, but dog would be a yes.

• Good call, bugs are gross. Can't speak for the dog, though.

• I had mine at a regular bar, lol!! It was okay.

• Lol, you lucked out then.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm quite adventurous and more so when drunk and being pressured by many friends lol. Being from Toronto, Canada, and an Asian... I'm known to be adventourous in terms of cuisine. I've had balut (Fillipino street food - did not like it!), scorpion on a stick (Went to a street market in Thailand where my brothers and I dared each other - wasn't too bad), had Kangaroo and crocodile while I was studying abroad in Australia as well as was lied to about Vegemite being the Australian "Nutella"!! I'll try anything as long as it's properly prepared to where it can't poison nor harm me. So like live octopus is a no (even though I'm Korean and it's a Korean delicacy; I've heard people can litteraly choke from trying to swallow it down!)

• Wow, that's quite the trick they pulled on you about Vegemite! It's nothing like Nutella, that's for sure, lol.
      I've had scorpion, too. Along with worms and ants. They all taste the same to me.
      Have not tried kangaroo, but I've tried crocodile and alligator, and I daresay those two are some of the best-tasting meats I've ever had.
      Yeah, live octopus sounds like a bit of a health hazard. I imagine it's very chewy and tough. I've had undercooked octopus, and it's virtually impossible to eat.

• An octopus' suction thingys on their tentacles can get stuck in one's throat causing them to suffocate - I rather avoid then urge to try it than risk my life! So yeah, it's a hard no thank you for me haha.

And yeahhh, my innocent self was fooled badly when I had a good slab of vegemite with toast and coughed and ran to the sink rinsing my mouth... blahhhhh 🤢 The crocodile kebab I had was rather tender, also had it in the form of a steak... It wasn't bad, but I'm more of a fish kinda gal anyhoo.

• Oh, really? I didn't know that... but, that makes sense! I also wonder if their ink comes into play here. If you're eating the octopus whole, I can see how that would be a problem... their ink is quite sticky.
      Haha, well, at least you can say you've tried it. It's always an experience trying new food, even if it's not to your palate. When I eat something less than savory, I think of it as XP points in the bucket list department, haha.