Are we harming ourselves by trying to eat better?

Suddenly people started worrying about what they eat and how to find the path to a healthier life, we can almost say it became an obsession. We saw the rise of new diets, new foods, food intolerances, our food system changed a lot in such a short period of time.
But are we actually eating better or is our obsession with finding the perfect diet actually doing more harm than good?

P. S. I just want to make it clear that I'm not criticizing anyone's personal choices. I only want to know want you think about this "food revolution".Are we harming ourselves by trying to eat better?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I'm not sure
    Vote C
Here's an article that approaches the topic of health problems caused by clean eating www.theguardian.com/.../why-we-fell-for-clean-eating
Thank you for everyones opinions on the topic. I've posted a myTake related to this question where I give my perspective www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a50123-a-food-revolution

3452

Most Helpful Guy

• Eating whole organic food is really healthy and a lot of variety in it.
    but the problem a lot of people face, is we want fast results in no time to look really great.
    Instead we can eat in moderation any kind of food ( except non-organic and the one with label DIET ) with a proper exercise and try to make it as a life style instead of short time hysteria about it.

PS : 90% of diets on the internet is shit ! They will give you fast results but on the expense of other lacking factors your body needs to function properly.

• Organic food is not that easy to find, or should I say it's too easy to find nowadays? A few years ago, you couldnt fund organic food everywhere, you could be sure it was organic, now you can only trust it's actually organic if you produce it or if you go to local markets.
      About the diets, they're complete bulshit 😅 better to make your own diet

• I'm glad I don't have those problems, I live in the city where I'm studying but when I go home to my parents, I can bring organic food since they live in the country

• Aha, then stay healthy inside and outside !!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Eating what is actually good for our body is not harming at all.
    it's all changed in a short period of time because we became aware our digestive system was actually made to digest plant based food
    so switching to a diet your body is made for, cannot harm it, more like the opposite

• So all these different diets that appeared out of nowhere are good? Isn't it better to look at yourself and try to understand what's good for you and what isn't? There are many people who don't follow these diets and never had health problems.

• ahhh okay then... nah im still holding on to my previous opinion because of biology studies but i believe you're very right too cause different people need different nutrition..

• Well, I'm not looking to change your opinion 😀