Tips for my first time cooking a turkey?

We are hosting Christmas dinner this year and I am a bit nervous because i have never cooked a turkey by myself before. I've contributed side dishes most years and I've cooked whole chickens but I've never actually done a turkey myself... Should o buy fresh the day before or frozen? Depending on whether I go fresh or frozen, is there anything I should know about prepping the turkey for cooking? Should I soak or rest it? Brine it? Thaw in fridge or in the sink? What can I do to make sure it comes out juicy and delicious but cooked through? Anything else I should know? Thanks!!!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• If its frozen, give it two days to thaw in the fridge. Roast it the same way you would a chicken. But make sure its covered with foil for the first half so the outside isn't dried out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just buy a Turkey in the bag a day or two before (best going to the 24/hour grocery less busy at midnight) and wack it in the oven for 3/4 hours lovely and juicy