Have you ever baked your own bread before?

My first actual loaf, from earlier today.

Got a surprising sense of achievement out of making this, plus a newfound respect for bakers, too.

Not sure why, but I thought achieving a decent result would be more difficult than this.

Would / have you ever tried making your own bread?

1224

Most Helpful Girl

• It looks amazing! Nice work
    And damn your even slicing skills baha

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah! I've been baking bread for a while. It's fun abd challening. Doesn't always turn out good, but sometimes it's amazing. And fresh baked bread is always better than anything from the grocery store. Plus there are many exotic breads that are incredible and fun to make. But honestly, it has been perfecting my pizza dough recipie more than any other bread that has changed my life for the better!

• If you want a challenge, try making sourdough without any yeast!

• If you're looking for a good bread book that is all about breads and not just a recipe book, i highly recommend Bread Making: Crafting the perfect loaf from crust to crumb by Lauren Chattman

• Thanks, I'll check that out