Have you ever baked your own bread before?

Have you ever baked your own bread before?
My first actual loaf, from earlier today.

Got a surprising sense of achievement out of making this, plus a newfound respect for bakers, too.

Not sure why, but I thought achieving a decent result would be more difficult than this.

Would / have you ever tried making your own bread?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It looks amazing! Nice work
    And damn your even slicing skills baha

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah! I've been baking bread for a while. It's fun abd challening. Doesn't always turn out good, but sometimes it's amazing. And fresh baked bread is always better than anything from the grocery store. Plus there are many exotic breads that are incredible and fun to make. But honestly, it has been perfecting my pizza dough recipie more than any other bread that has changed my life for the better!

0|1
    0|0
    • If you want a challenge, try making sourdough without any yeast!

• Show All
    • If you're looking for a good bread book that is all about breads and not just a recipe book, i highly recommend Bread Making: Crafting the perfect loaf from crust to crumb by Lauren Chattman

• Thanks, I'll check that out

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I’ve made Irish soda bread from scratch before. Didn’t turn out like my moms, but was still really good! But you’re right, a lot of hard work. My uncle is a baker by trade. The breads he makes look incredible!

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks really good. I have noticed when I make bread I have to do the recipe to a t because it's easy to mess up. Bread is a bit tedious

0|1
    0|0
    • I think I got lucky with this. I followed the recipe pretty carefully, but I wasn't expecting such a good result :)

• Perfect! That is one sexy loaf of bread - keep at it and send some my way.
    Yea I make bread - raisin bread is my fave tho xx

0|2
    0|0
  • Yours looks awesome! 😊 I’ve never made my own bread. I think we have a bread maker too. 😕

0|1
    0|0
  • No... why would I do that when I can buy it from the store... lol... no I want to try it one day.

0|1
    0|0
  • We did it on summercamps. It was not always a succes. But we were happy with iit.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks great dude

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • i have and its easy as pie

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I do get baked myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • No l haven't. I rarely eat bread.

0|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 23

• It's well worth the time put into it. It tasted better than store bought as well. I made a few loaves a couple months ago, but ran out of supplies to make more🤤😢

0|1
    0|0
    • We usually get our bread from a traditional bakery, and theirs is really good.

This came out different, but no worse, which was far better than I was expecting.

It beats the living shit out of supermarket bread, that's for sure.

• Show All
    • Yep, that's exactly what it was - you could tell that at a glance? I'm impressed, seriously.

• Haha, well, the bread I made looked almost exactly like that, so I'm pretty sure you nearly used the same recipe I did.. I just can't remember for the life of me where I got the exact recipe I made mine from. Mine would have turned out a lot better had I not rushed the double rise. I was excited to taste my first home made bread. But yeah, bread is one of the few simplest baked goods you can make. Unleavened bread is pretty good too. I even make traditional hard tack on occasion.

• Yes I have baked bread before. I was in year 10 in school (so I would have been 15 years old) and we were tasked with baking bread "with a twist"... my "twist" was adding chilli powder. It was actually quite nice and I got an A for it

0|1
    0|0
  • I like making this recipe. It's pretty fantastic.

www.kingarthurflour.com/.../no-knead-harvest-bread-recipe

0|1
    0|0
  • Unfortunately no buy it is some5hing I would not mind trying.

0|1
    0|0
    • Definitely give it a shot. For some reason, I've always steered clear of baking and roasting. Not sure why. This was relatively time-consuming, but very satisfying to do.

• I've made it before and I understand your feelings about it. Your loaf looks great.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I haven’t baked my own bread and probably would never unless I’m making dinner for a girlfriend or a special family occasion. I’ll just go to the grocery store and buy my bread there

0|1
    0|0
  • I have baked bread and yeast rolls in years past but not recently. It looks great!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have and fresh baked bread is one of the best things ever. I try and do it weekly but I usually get busy so I would have to wait.

0|1
    0|0
  • I give you all the credit in the world for making your own bread
    the most i bake is the frozen store bought bread. LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks awesome! I've tried making pancakes twice in my time. I am bad cooker. I don't think I could make bread like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nice loaf buddy, good job. I've never made one but I have boiled water

0|1
    0|0
  • Onlu banana bread

0|1
    0|0
  • Yup. Only baking I enjoy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I make it all the time

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. i dont have that much free time in my life

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I've done it twice. Kind of a lot of work.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not yet

0|1
    0|0
  • Banana nut bread

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope