Is In-N-Out Overrated?

I'm legit fighting with a friend over this. She swears that In-N-Out lives up to the hype. I say they're really good, but not the best burgers at all. So I need more opinions.

Also, what restaurants do you consider better?
  • They're the best and live up to the hype.
  • They're good, but not as amazing as everyone swears they are.
  • They suck.
    Vote C

53

Most Helpful Guy

• They are way overrated. I guess those in CA don't have great burger places, because here in Texas they are just average to good but by far not the best burger in town

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been there and it wasn't bad... but everyone talked about how eating there was like heaven opening up so it felt like a total letdown. The fries there aren't great either which is... disappointing.

I was told I "didn't order my burger right" after the first time so I went back the next day and it was still... just okay. Look if I have to remember the secret code for the off-menu burger your restaurant inst good okay? It's just not.

I'll stick with Five Guys. They're not trying to be fast food elite they just want to shove a giant bag of fries no human could hope to finish in your face. I respect that.