Do you like hummus?

Do you like Hummus?

Over last several months I've fallen in love with this tasty Arabian dip, its become a staple of my diet and I can't get enough!

What about yourselves?

If you like it, what do you eat it with?
if you dislike it, why so?

Do you like hummus?

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love it! I've always put Chick peas in my salads anyway (rather than meat) so its just a small step from that. I'm not vegan or anything, i just like to keep my salads as healthy as possible. Loading a salad with things that are bad for you kind of defeats the purpose of eating a salad to begin with. Hummus is very tasty and I like trying different flavors, but it's not for everyone. If you don't the texture of beans in your mouth, it may not be for you.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely LOVE hummus. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find it where I live, so I usually make it myself in relative large quantities (so I have enough for a whole week). It's especially good with just a drizzle of olive oil and some pomegranate seeds (the small, red, juicy things).
    I think hummus works really well on bread, especially dark bread. As sides I usually have some kind of cheese (usually sheep or goat) and/or some kind of fried veggies, for example paprika.

I also like to combine hummus with another (pseudo)-Arabic snack that I eat a lot these days: dates wrapped in bacon and pan-fried. The combination of the sweet date and the salty, juicy bacon is awesome. And since winter is date season, I buy a lot of them and stack them up (they partially dried, so you can keep them for a pretty long time).

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 45

• It isn't my favourite but I don't mind it. I'd have it with water crackers, carrot sticks or celery sticks

0|1
    0|0
  • No I don't.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love hummus 😍 sweet chilli and red pepper is my favorite

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I go through phases. I get the regular or garlic ones from Trader Joe’s with some pita bread. I can eat just thAt for a meal. Then I’ll go months and months and not want it again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love it! With chips, with veggies, or in a wrap, but best of all with falafel and salad from this place in the city by my office.

1|2
    0|0
  • I love hummus. I jazz it it up with herbs and spices, garlic, beetroot etc. I eat it with veggies, crackers or turkish bread.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's nice on occasion. I like the kind with pine nuts.

1|1
    0|0
  • I grew up with a Lebanese mother, of course I love hummus.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I make my own. I love it. I usually make some when I make other middle eastern dishes

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I like hummus when I’m in a healthy mood I’ll eat it with carrot sticks 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • I love hummus! I generally eat it with either pitta bread or raw veggies

0|1
    0|0
  • I will eat it when it's presented, but I don't love it. The ones I've tried are not aromatic/salty enough. I've had it with falafel.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it! I usually eat it with pita chips or carrots.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like hummas, I typically use it as a dip with vegetables.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would give it a try, what is made of?

0|1
    0|0
  • Never had ut

0|1
    0|0
  • What is hummus?

0|1
    0|0
    • chickpeas & tahini (sesame seed paste) those are the 2 key ingredients then its seasoned with garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt

• I've never tried! :P

0|1
    0|0
  • I thought hummus was a lesbians dish.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes! I love the stuff, and have even made my own!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I love hummus!

0|1
    0|0
  • I luvvvvv it

0|1
    0|0
  • Love it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I wipe my pita on it like an Israeli 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I've ever tried it.

0|1
    0|0
  • love it with pita chips

0|1
    0|0
  • Not particularly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate it. Worst texture ever

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it. But not into the one with a lot of oil

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't remember eating it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 37

• Not a big fan. I'm more of a french-onion chip-dip type. Might be a generation or culture thing, although people will bring that shit to parties and stuff. :)

Actually I have tasted some that was reasonably good. How 'bout bruschetta? LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely! Naan bread and hummus is always a joyful event. :3

0|1
    0|0
  • I absolutely love hummus. I've tasted hummus in over 30 countries and I think that Israel and Lebanon have the best hummus I've ever had.

Nothing quite tastes like it, and I think that it can be put with almost any food. Just thinking about hummus makes me hungry haha.

0|1
    0|1
  • I love it and eat it with Quboos, (Arabic chapati and also Kabab). It's damn tasty and healthy as well, helps improve sexual health and strengthens your bones, spinal cord mainly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I really like hummus but I also try to follow a low carb diet so I don't eat it very often.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love Hummus. There is a Middle-Eastern themed chain of restaurants in South Africa where I by my Falafel's from. I always take it with hummus and tzatziki.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once in awhile, yes!
    by the way
    Whatever I did to get blocked, please forgive me, Cheergal!
    @cheergirl38139

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh yeah, I love it. I make it myself.
    I eat it with Lebanese bread just as a snack or I incorporate it into a meal.
    love it.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s just blended up chickpeas so I’ve never really had a craving for it but I guess I could try as a dip some time but haven’t really tasted it yet

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, if you make it yourself you can add different spices, tahini, dried tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic and lemon juice to the blend. That is what makes it truly wonderful :-).

• @BlueCoyote Definitely good to know if I attempt it, there are plenty of places to get it here so they may have one similar to what you add to it

• Hahaha. I glanced by this question and kept wondering why would someone ask that about "humans"?

So I came back... and realized... Hahahaha.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like some types of hummus over others. I usually like to eat it with chips.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have tried it before mostly on restaurants, I'd say is okay, tastes good an all although I'm not that much into snacks and stuff

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had it once and didn't really care for it to be honest.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im not sure if I know it. Maybe I do ut with a different name.

0|1
    0|0
  • I generally like it - I have had some pretty terrible renditions - but some tasty ones too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never had it but heard of it before.

0|2
    0|0
  • Does a bear shit in the woods?

0|1
    0|0
  • Love the stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • i do like it. don't love it but like it for sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never had it.

0|1
    0|0
  • bleh. french onion over hummus.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it, yeah.

0|1
    0|0
  • OMG
    I eat it everyday 😀😀

0|1
    0|0
  • Never had it before.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve never tasted it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love hummus!

0|1
    0|0
  • Hummus is delicious a f! :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I love it with tortilla chips

0|1
    0|1
  • I love it. I usually dip tortilla chips in it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes