Are you vegan or vegetarian?

If you are, why? If not, do you think you would still eat as much meat as you do now if you had to kill the animals yourself, or at least witness the slaughter in person?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• . i went vegan because I came across a bunch of documentaries that made me sick to my stomach. So i gave it a try and felt amazing... it definitely got rid of the inflammation i had in my belly all the time, which meant my digestive system was on point lol TMI but it’s true! When you’re vegan i feel you can eat all the veggies and clean carbs as you want and not gain weight so that was a plus... i was eating all the time and still managed to lose 9-10 lbs within 6 months. Keep in mind I workout 5 days a week and my goal was to gain muscle while trying to lose the last bit of stubborn fat on my belly. Let me tell you i lost fat!! But watch out with soy consumption, it made me break out a little. Also along the process i grew so much more compassion towards living beings

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was vegetarian for a few years when I was a teenager. I did believe at the time I think that killing animals was as morally problematic as killing a human. I don't believe that now.

I do view modern intensive meat production as showing a terrible disrespect for life and usually buy free range or meat that is certified as reared with some care for the animal's welfare. It should be remembered tho that modern farming methods have hugely reduced world hunger and malnutrition.

I think whether anyone would eat meat or not is dependent on availability and need. I doubt many early humans were vegetarians or vegans, the only reason some people are now is that it is easy to be so. In times of famine and failure of political systems people will resort to eating each other so yes of course people would eat meat if they had to kill it themselves, if it was necessary.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• No!! I could never give up meat, dairy, etc. I would still eat meat even if I had to slaughter the animals, people that live on a farm go through that all the time. I just wouldn’t get attached to the animals.

2|3
    0|0
  • Went vegetarian for a year. Didn’t care for it really.

Been hunting too. No problem killing an animal. I have chickens for eggs but would have no issue butchering one if I needed the meat. Doesn’t really make sense tho cuz I can buy a butchered free range chicken for less than what I put into my chickens just to get them to lay.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't eat as much meat, but well I've seen animals who have been killed in really awful ways, and I still wanna have a cow on the grill now lol.

If the slaughter is being done with the least harm (which based on my religion is the only way you are allowed to eat the animal, when it doesn't suffer before it's death) then yeah I would still eat meat. Unless the animal made a lot of noises and was attempting to run, (which obviously means it suffers) then I would kinda feel bad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not, and if I had to do it myself, I might eat less meat because I'm lazy. But if the same requirement were put into the vegetarian half of the question, I might just starve.

But watching I'm pretty sure I'd do fine. I recognize there are family animals, food animals, wild animals (which can also be food) and science animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not a vegan/vegetarian; however, I would love to become one, I just love steak and chicken too much!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian since I was born. I see meat as corpses... I hate even the smell. I would never eat that...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm neither. If I had to kill them myself or watch them being killed I wouldn't eat meat. If I raised animals I wouldn't eat meat either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian, but I also try not to eat a lot of dairy

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a pollo vegetarian

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian and becoming vegan

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm vegetarian to lose weight.

worked so far

0|0
    0|0
  • Vegan cause dairy makes me sick. Also meat doesn't taste good.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 30

• Vegan or vegetarian? Well you're one of this "Slow in the processing unit type" there's nothing wrong with killing animals, I've done it myself goats and chickens loved it love eating them 10/10 would do it again, the problem is you're so underachieved you're so worthless that you get into silly trends to make yourself feel like you're Worth something that you're a part of something good but instead you're depriving yourself of the delicious meatttt yum yum

1|2
    0|1
    • You truly are a sadistic psychopath, and I'm willing to bet you would take that as a compliment to.

• I love meat and have considered a career in butchering. I think I would be able to slaughter one myself as long as I was efficient at it so I cause the least amount of pain.

0|2
    0|0
  • I am not a vegan or vegetarian. and I went to culinary school. one of the assignment was to visit a slaughterhouse and get a tour. when we got back from it, we had to skin our own rabbits and then cook something with them. so i have seen several animals being slaughtered and skinned them myself

0|1
    0|0

• No. and yes.
    "If not, do you think you would still eat as much meat as you do now if you had to kill the animals yourself, or at least witness the slaughter in person?"
    I remember watching those slaughter videos in college, and the only it did was make me hungry.
    So, I went to the cafe, got a ham sandwich and ate it in front of them.
    LOLOLOL

Eating animals is better than killing them for sport.
    Now, that's a waste!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think people don't realize how unhealthy meat has become with CAFOs. Not only is meat over consumed but cows are pumped full of antibiotics and steroids. That stuff doesn't just go away your eating it.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I find that the line of how far you go with animal rights is arbitrary and entirely based on emotion. I don't make decisions based on emotions because emotions change. Feelings do not dictate morality. E. g. " you are a vegan and you listen to a band that uses drums made out of leather?" Or " did you just buy cereal from a supermarket that buys meat from animal killers?" If animal lives are just as important as human lives, then you should boycott anything and everything that undermines their well-being, but people don't do that now.

0|1
    0|0
    • So, you're suggestion is that a principled person who can and does make positive and meaningful changes in their choices and behavior is a hypocrite if they can't or won't wholly change everything about their life or livelihood? That's interesting, ignorant but interesting.

• No, it's that they say "here is an objective truth" (animals are bad to hurt or kill) "and I'm going to pursue it to a a SUBJECTIVE end" (e. g. not buying animal products yet continuing to support music made with animal products because leather drums don't bother you and your subjectivity). An objective truth requires an objective end.

• Meat of course. And yes i kill my food. A little challenging bexause when u cut tge chickens neck hold them tightly if not they will jump like crazy. Pigs scream like hell. But its a cycle of life. I never eat veggies. Well i do because the livestock eats it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL! Been there, done that. It's a PITA, because I live in the city, but no, I'd probably eat MORE meat if I was hunting, cleaning, and butchering my prey. Gotta get those calories expended back...

0|1
    0|0
  • Not vegetarian or vegan. Would still happily eat meat that I hunted or watched get slaughtered. That being said, I wouldn't eat a pet or any animal I had grown attached to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no problem with eating meat, I could, and would kill an animal if I needed food.. but I also love a good salad, balenced meals for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly i think i would eat as much meat if i had to kill the animals myself, its not something soweird or unnusual, I've seen it since childhood, its not something new or weird

0|1
    0|0
  • I am a vegetarian and i started because of the animals but when i realised they still get killed as much as before, i just stayed because my body felt amazing and i am healier then ever

0|0
    0|0
  • Meat eater all the way. Chicken, beef, pork, turkey, bison. rabbit and some less commonly appreciated.

0|1
    0|1
  • Hell no I'm not giving up meat. I catch, clean, and eat fish most of the year. I need to get a hunting license, venison is better than beef.

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm neither. And, no I wouldn't eat as much meat as I do now if I had to slaughter the animal. If I had to witness it, I'd probably eat as much as I do now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Considering most of the meat I eat is killed by me Im perfectly fine with it.

0|3
    0|0
  • nope, i'm omnivorous, and i would still happily eat meat even if i did hunt said animal

0|2
    0|0
  • i am a meat eater i will eat two to four pounds of meat in one setting

0|0
    0|0
  • Meat!
    Raised, killed, butchered cows, killed deer.

0|2
    0|1
  • I'm normal

0|1
    0|0
  • Vegetarian ✌

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope cause I stay healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • I still would😂😂😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Neither cause I don't give a fuck about animals

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I don't eat meat a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • None.

0|0
    0|0
  • I m vegetarian because of creed

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because it is the ethical and unhypocrital. If you think it's ok to kill animals for taste pleasure, then you should have no problem with dog fighting and beastiality to.
    https://www.carnismdebunked.com/general-ethical/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HJcq8qHAYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THIODWTqx5E

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes