Are you vegan or vegetarian?

If you are, why? If not, do you think you would still eat as much meat as you do now if you had to kill the animals yourself, or at least witness the slaughter in person?

1331

Most Helpful Girl

• . i went vegan because I came across a bunch of documentaries that made me sick to my stomach. So i gave it a try and felt amazing... it definitely got rid of the inflammation i had in my belly all the time, which meant my digestive system was on point lol TMI but it’s true! When you’re vegan i feel you can eat all the veggies and clean carbs as you want and not gain weight so that was a plus... i was eating all the time and still managed to lose 9-10 lbs within 6 months. Keep in mind I workout 5 days a week and my goal was to gain muscle while trying to lose the last bit of stubborn fat on my belly. Let me tell you i lost fat!! But watch out with soy consumption, it made me break out a little. Also along the process i grew so much more compassion towards living beings

Most Helpful Guy

• I was vegetarian for a few years when I was a teenager. I did believe at the time I think that killing animals was as morally problematic as killing a human. I don't believe that now.

I do view modern intensive meat production as showing a terrible disrespect for life and usually buy free range or meat that is certified as reared with some care for the animal's welfare. It should be remembered tho that modern farming methods have hugely reduced world hunger and malnutrition.

I think whether anyone would eat meat or not is dependent on availability and need. I doubt many early humans were vegetarians or vegans, the only reason some people are now is that it is easy to be so. In times of famine and failure of political systems people will resort to eating each other so yes of course people would eat meat if they had to kill it themselves, if it was necessary.