Would you eat your most hated food, if your partner or his/her parents prepared it as dinner for you?

Would you eat your most hated food, if your partner or his/her parents prepared it as dinner for you? I hate sushi. Imagining my partner or his parents surprise me with dinner and the table would be full with sushi would be a nightmare. Of course this scenario would only happen, if your partner doesn't know you that well or if it was maybe your first date or something.
Anyways, I would eat it cause he or they spent all the time to prepare it.
what about you? Would you just say "I don't like that" if you see the food that you dislike on the table?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The whole deal about your bf/gf being your best friend is that your partner would know what food you hate and therefor avoid this situation. Although if its early on in the relationship and it happens before you can have that convo i would obviously try The food at The same time i would be honest and say that i hating That dish generally, hopefully you can just joke about it and eat a sandwich without it being awkward lol

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would attempt to eat a little but explain that I don't really like it much and that I don't want to offend her, I'm very grateful she went to the effort.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I don't really hate dishes only particular ingredients.
    I have near-fanatical hatred of onions and nobody can convince me to eat them, it just doesn't work.
    But I would do my best trying to fish them out of the plate.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you love them you make sacrifices. However if it's a food you can't eat for health, religious/spiritual, or personal (vegan etc.) reasons then just explain that you would love to but you can't.

1|0
    0|0
  • After hateing salad for so many years , then trying it , and finding out eating thing differently makes a difference. I would try it , and see how it taste. Like coconuts and carrots just can't find any way to cook them and like it.. šŸ˜

1|0
    0|0
  • Won't be happening with me since, I'm vegetarian and, they would probably make something non veg.
    If, it's veg, I'll eat it but, the least I could and, use my fake burp and, tell them I are a heavy snack.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people consider that manners. I consider it lying and being deceptive. I wouldn't want someone to suffer for my sake. There is a way to be polite about it too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, it's not like you got to eat it everyday. Maybe next time you can pass on some hints of your fav food and voila.

1|0
    0|0
  • I doubt it. If it's nasty it's nasty. I can't force it.

1|1
    0|1
  • Id try it but if i still didn't like it she gonna know

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I would take a raincheck or find a way to eat everything else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Id try. But sushi makes me vomit so I would only eat as much as is polite

0|0
    0|0
  • I would let my partner know before hand that I don't particularly enjoy the food but then eat it anyways out of politeness.

0|0
    0|0
  • ofc then i have to eat it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, wldn`t ever hurt them

1|0
    0|0
  • I would for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • Uh huh nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Fake a allergy

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I'd more than likely just tell them that I don't eat that food. I can't see myself forcing down food that I don't like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Iā€™d eat it and smile and compliment them on the food. My mom taught me manners

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, as a sign of respect for them for preparing food to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. And I'd probably dump him if he insisted.

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes I will

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes