Does this sound like a healthy breakfast?

Hi everyone, I eat pretty healthy and I want to ask everyone if this sounds like a healthy breakfast. I eat organic granola with clover honey and the only ingredient in the honey is honey, I have little chocolate chips not too many, with yogurt every morning and chop up apples to add to the granola. Does this sound unhealthy?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Better snack than it is breakfast. You want a protein packed breakfast to get you through the day, but you want carbs to give you energy. A small cup of yogurt isn't enough. It's more of a snack, and a good snack at that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay because I ate a small tub but it's big tub of granola and I never finish it because it is so filling! So would it be better to eat eggs with veggies in the morning have the yogurt and granola as a snack with apples? Also would it be healthy to eat one side of a bagel with sunny side up eggs? I don't eat a small cup of yogurt I have a huge tub and I place some inside my morning box I take with me inside my granola breakfast.

• Anything in a large enough quantity is filling, especially if it is high in fiber. Eggs are, in my opinion, the best for breakfast. They go well with so many things, so you can mix in with your protein. Fruit is also great because they are carbs that are low in calories, yet high in vitamins and other nutrients. Everything you are eating is healthy, but eating in moderation still applies even with healthy foods.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a good breakfast, I mean it could be a helathier but you don't have to eat a 100 percent healthy :D

0|0
    0|0
    • By healthier what should I add to make it healthier? I am scared I am eating a bad breakfast I don't want to give my body bad food haha

• That's not ad at all, I just meant the chocolate part... but I eat it too sometimes :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Every other day I make oatmeal and add all kinds of fruits. Different combinations. Things like bananas cut into slices, apple, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raisins, etc. Then add some ginger which is a superfood (very healthy). To make it even tastier I add cereal or nuts to make it crunchy. Delicious.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like its mostly natural sugars which is good I would maybe add some quinoa and definitely use dark chocolate instead of Milk chocolate or the semi sweets you could even take frozen fruit like berries and blend it with the yogurt to make it like a smoothie. but over all it sounds healthy

0|0
    0|0
    • So even if I drizzle a lot of honey haha that is okay? Since I use nearly chelate chips I don't try to put too much but you don't think you would do bad weight gain from eating this correct?

• Show All
    • Or is that too much?

• Coffee by itself is healthy and 3 times a week is really a small amount so your fine. But if you do want a somewhat healthier alternative I would drink green tea. But again drinking an iced coffee or coffee with sugar 3 times a week isn't bad at all

• Doesn't sound very unhealthy, but definitely not balanced. A source of protein as everyone else here has said would help add to its value as a meal, & yeah I would maybe subtract a little sugar from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like high in carbs or sugar. Not something I would have since my breakfast is mostly fats with no sugars.
    The yogurt you are having could have sugar too. Chocolate chips is just something I wouldn't even consider.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not unhealthy, but add in actual fruits and if you're not a vegan/vegetarian, then eat something like bacon. It's alright to occasionally eat something not healthy like pancakes or waffles. Don't be afraid to mix it up once in a while.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you read I wrote I add in apples to my granola

• Show All
    • I am not the asker.

• OH sorry, I didn't realize that she was anonymous on here

• Sounds delicious.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not bad, but it sounds really sugary. Try mixing your granola and honey with the yogurt and lose the chocolate chips. Maybe try Carob?

0|0
    0|0
  • Is kinda is. Too much sugar lol
    😛
    Instead have oatmeal and the apple

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds high in sugar, but if it fits your macros i see no issue

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds boring. Give me some bacon or at least eggs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would add some protein or fat.
    Otherwise I'd be crashing mid-day.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it sounds delightful.
    But if you're a fitness freak you might wanna up your diet

0|0
    0|0
  • Add fruits, olive oil and eggs. I guess it will be fine but complete your granola.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not at all. Dark chocolate would be healthier but hey, live a little.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, and delicious too! Except for the chocolate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very healthy

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds pretty healthy dude

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup I think so

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• It sounds healthy enough to me. Lots of people have said to add in some protein, but that can be ignored as long as you eat some at other meals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Congratulations. As you stated “I eat pretty healthy”, did you know, you’re breakfast is pretty healthy too?

If only it was harvested by the Pope and served to you by the Queen on a bed of kale.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds healthy but you should switch it up, don't eat the same thing for breakfast everyday you know have some eggs, have some hummus, have a smoothie.

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of the granolas contain sugar. If it's sugar free it's ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • that sounds healthy if the yogurt is unsweetened

0|0
    0|0
  • Add some kind of protein

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes