How often can I eat junk/comfort food?

Recently after I gained my appetite back I have begun to eat normally, but tend to crave more of my favourite things. These include McDonald's, Pizza, Tacos and Nachos and chocolate and waffles and pancakes and all other food that contain a lot of fat. I workout whenever I can but that has been rare these days as I am still suffering the consequences of a tragic break up and cannot get back into it as yet. Also most of these foods cause me to gain weight, bloat and cause my skin to look less glowy with a few break outs here and there. But the thing is, I keep craving these unhealthy food? Like my mood is completely bad if I don't get it and if I feel like I wanna eat something I have to get it otherwise it'll keep bothering me. For example last week I had a few slices of pizza and everyday I think about how good it was. But, I do not want to eat these, I want to lose weight and be fit. I have 5'2.5 and weigh 57kg. I am not exactly fat but my legs are kinda too fat compared to the rest of my body and and bit of flab on my waist and arms. So I am wondering If i really need to cut out all of these food from my diet? If not, how often can I eat them? Any alternatives?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say once a week, max. I actually believe in avoiding those foods entirely, but I'm sure most people would consider me a bit excessive in my beliefs there. I mean, @iron_man hits the gym like crazy and he admits to having those Burger King $1.49 for 10 chicken nuggets for dinner at times. That's something that I'd NEVER do, yet I'm pretty sure that he could fold me seven times if it came down to it.

So yeah, while I would cut out those foods entirely (except for maybe a couple times a month if you absolutely must), I think it's pretty clear that you don't NEED to cut them out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just have a cheat day once a week, where you can eat what you want.