Found a vintage pyrex set at Salvation army. Worth a lot, but I dont want to sell it?

I love cooking and baking and while scouting for some old flour and sugar jars found a cranberry 1980s vintage Pyrex baking set. The whole set was 7 dollars out the door. (Casserole, 8*8, glass bread pan, butter dish, 3 nesting bowls, and the rare glass dutch oven 5-6 qt with a lid) a friend of mine who's an antique enthusiast said the set is worth a small fortune. I don't care though. I love baking and cooking and just wanted some glass pans that would last a lifetime and not be the cheap chinsy Teflon pans that wears off and can make you sick. I just was curious. Am I stupid or foolish to anyone for wanting to use these antiques for everyday cooking?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Google it and find out how much it's worth and then see what you could buy with the money.

Pyrex is one of those things you want New that way you know it has no cracks or anything that would compromise the pans. You also know YOU will take care of it. The technology is also better now

Most Helpful Guy

• You bought it you can do what ever you please with it

• Thanks for the feedback. Now that I've taken the time to look. I've got tons of antiques and generational pass ons. Just like the jadeite set my grandmother gave me when her mother died years and years ago, I'm gonna keep it and use it just like they did 100 years ago. If I really need some cash, I'll have something just like my guns and bow to sell for an emergency, but I try and have ample amounts of savings to keep that from happening.