Are parents allowed to drink on New Years if they have a toddler? Who else drinks when they have their kids?

As we all know tomorrow is New Years and who doesn’t want to have a few drinks, but my question is will I be able to drink knowing I have a toddler. I don’t plan on getting stupid drunk but I do want to be able to have a good time, or would that make me a bad parent?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was going to say set a limit but then I thought about the laws we have. We live in such a litigious society that if anything goes wrong doing anything and you have any intoxicants in you then you are screwed. Being near kids or cars with alcohol can get anyone into a lot of sht with a little bad luck.

1|0
    0|0
    • And that’s what I’m scared of. Just trying to be cautious and stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine hun. Just be careful and responsible & don't overdrink. You know your limit.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you and yes I know my limits

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Its where they gotta be responsible with alcohol one or two would be fine but if they both overdo that then they really should of hired a babysitter or someone to look after the child or even one of them stays responsible

0|0
    0|0
  • 9 out of 10 the female doesn't drink or they plan ahead of time for a sitter

2|0
    0|0
  • A drink or 2 won't hurt, just don't get hammered

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It's okay to drink. If you wanted to get super drunk get a babysitter, but I don't see any problem with a few drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not get a babysitter

1|0
    0|0
    • Because I’m sure everyone wants to spend their news years with family

• You would be surprise a lot of people might wanna make a little extra cash we’ll. Just put them down early for bed and have fun.

• One drink wouldn't hurt

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm gonna drink (I have a toddler) but I will after he felt asleep.. For sure not before.

So yeah it's okay..

1|0
    0|0
  • If you breast feed then it’s bad

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes