Advice on Ketogenic Diet?

So, I decided to enter the realm of the keto diet and I would like to hear your thoughts about what do you eat every day, what do you avoid, what do you do in your free time... etc. It would mean a lot if you help.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't do keto fully, but I restrict my carbohydrates quiet a bit.

So for breakfast I'd eat;
    2 fried eggs with cashews, and hot milk
    Or
    Lentil soup with small portion of brown rice and vegetables

Lunch salad

Dinner soup and sweet potato

No snacks and lots of water

Most Helpful Guy

• I do an 2 cups liquid egg, half can of olive, half cup of mushroom, 1 cul (some meat) cooked in coconut oil for breakfast, a muscle milk protien powder shake with almond milk for lunch and another for dinner. pair that with running 6 to 12 miles a day and I've lost 50 lbs in 7 months. After I get to my ideal body fat percentage I will add in a few carbs occaisonally. for snacks, any thing that has high protien and/or fat and as few carbs as possible. lots and lots of water. almost 210 oz a day

• In my case, I don't need to lose weight. I need to build muscle and increase my mental caliber. Does that still apply? If yes, what do you advise me to do?

• Ketogenics is to lose body fat. if you are wanting to build muscle you dont need the caloric deficit. you need to eat more protiens and a few carbs before lifting sessions for energy. Ketosis is when the body uses stored ketones for energy from fat cells instead of carbs we consume

• Thanks a lot for the help :)