Is it weird... that I can't stand have my food touch?

Certain things are ok such as mashed potatoes and gravy cuz in my mind they're suppose to touch. But certain things like meat and vegetables bother me and I don't understand why

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No its not weird. I'm the same way. I don't like people touching my food either.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That is one of the rules of weight control. The different food on your plate must not overlap. Meat in one place, different veg in others. Makes a smaller helping seem bigger!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• It's a sensory thing, it's the same with people that don't like to drink while they eat. They tend to prefer the taste to be separate and mixing it can bother or upset them based on their focus on it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ahh I didn't know that

• Show All
    • I feel like 40% of the weight is muscle gain, but the other weight is definitely my Irish side packing in too many potatoes. XD

• My partner is like that especially with mixing sauces but because of her kind of OCD, hers like mine developed from ADHD where we are easily distractible so I think it happens to us because our brains are trying to make some kind of order to things. I think OCD can form from many things though so see a doctor and they can help you to change it if you'd like to 😎

1|0
    0|1
  • You may never know but you aren't alone. My oldest daughter does exactly the same thing. We joke about it from time to time and she has fun with it. That is just the way she is.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's not ok, what's the reason behind this? How you feel when it's touched? Describe me.

1|0
    0|0
    • My food just can't touch each other if I feel like they're not suppose to. If they are I have to separate them or I can't eat it

• But how it makes you feel when they touch each other?

• Annoys me

• No its not weired I dont like my brother touching my food so i dont let him take my food to table or to me so i say to him fuck off
    But no its not weired that u dont like people touching ur food its all good

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a germaphobe in a way it's so I don't blame you

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what's the food, it's not weird nor is it uncommon.

1|0
    0|0
  • I see stuff like this come up on here quite a bit. I always think of OCD. You could do a web search on it if this stuff is bothering you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just a form of OCD it's really normal. Women have this problem more but it's just you like everything being neat.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I'm not neat... it only happens with my food

• Like i said it's a form of OCD :p My mother and sister has it. Like if their is sour cream slightly touching anything then they refuse it. But lasagna is ok even though it has cottage cheese.

• It's called autism. Do an online test for the fun of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm... strange, Is this with your hands?

0|0
    0|0
  • What exactly are you trying to imply?

0|0
    0|0
  • That's weird

0|0
    0|0
  • A bit ;)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1