Should I sell my recipe?

I have buyers interested in a recipe I made, I personally wanna sell it, but people I know are telling me I shouldn't. Shouldn't I be able to sell it if I want to?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure why not? Other people can enjoy your recipe and you can make some money off of it!

• That's what I said, though they thought I'd be "selling out". Well if it makes me money, I'll sell out then.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can make more money producing it yourself or licensing the recipe. If you want to sell it, go ahead. If money doesn't matter to you, go ahead. If you think money would be nice, reconsider selling. All it takes is one person to buy it from you, claim it's their own and sell it as their own. Again, you absolutely can sell it if your heart desires. But you have the potential to go to good places if you hold on to it and at most license it out.

• Making money off of it is more of a bonus, not something I need. I just enjoy making it, I'm fine with someone selling it as their own.

• I'll consider my options a little more, I'm just fine with not being known as the original maker who made it famous, that may sound odd but that's just me.

• It's not odd at all. Money isn't your main motivator. That is a good trait to have. Very admirable.