Are you a vegetarian, if yes/no why?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a vegan. I don't do it because of animals. I do it because it's a much healthier lifestyle.

2|1
    0|0
    • How do you substitute protein?

• beans, tofu, quinoa, green peas, almonds, peanut butter, Ezekiel Bread, oats, Wild rice, nuts, potatoes, sweet potatoes, blackberries, nectarines and bananas,

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I am a vegetarian, but by choice only and not by tradition.

Everyone else in my family eat non- veg food or can eat non-veg food but not me. No.

The reason? Well the reason is I believe in the science that “ our human body is actually not designed/made for non-veg food, it’s actually made for vegetarian food”

Secondly non-veg food adds lots of unwanted stuff in our body and it’s much harder to digest non-veg food compared to vegetarian food.

It’s a science or a theory or whatever but when I think about it logically it makes full sense to me.

Hence I am a vegetarian “ BY CHOICE”.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 30

• I have been a vegetarian for the past five years or so. I do it for the enviornment, basically the meat industry is seriously f-ing up the Earth. It is like worse than all the traffic polluters together and it also causes massive amounts of deforestation in the amazon. If you are interested in this I suggest you watch cowspiracy which really explains it all more clearly.

0|0
    0|0
    • Please explain briefly how it causes deforestation? I probably dont want to watch cowspiracy...

• Show All
    • Thanks... well thank you for making me do research i guess? Lol

• Haha you're welcome

• No, but I've thought about it. It's probably a healthier way to live, but I know dishes that primarily use meat and it's just easier given my budget not to experiment with tons of different recipes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Actually it's healthier to have a balanced diet than going on an all vegetarian diet. It simply won't be the same as actuay giving your body actual meat which is kinda necessary.

• Fuck no. Meat is amazing. I can eat my body weight in chicken

0|4
    1|0
  • Yes I am. The idea of eating something that once walked around and had ideas, no matter how significant they might be, makes me sick to my stomach. Also the idea of eating flesh is gross. I’ve been one most of my life.

2|0
    0|0
    • Animals don't have thoughts, they simply aren't intelligent enough. They only act on instinct.

• Show All
    • @lauren27 Woops, I triggered another one. I really don't give a fuck, there is nothing wrong with eating meat and I can't be bothered to argue.

• Sure but it seems like you keen coming back.

• Yes I am vegetarian because meat is unhealthy. My body doesn't need it. Plus, many animals carry diseases and meat is chock full of antibiotics. It reduces my risk of food viruses from under cooked meat bacteria.

0|0
    0|0
  • I Love Animals and all, but being vegetarian is too much of a chore-making sure you're getting the right nutrition while avoiding things with trace amounts of meat. I'm proud of vegans and vegetarians for being so dedicated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a vegetarian because I am worried it will prevent me from socializing with other meat eaters when I go to parties or weddings

0|0
    1|0
  • No.
    Because:
    bacon tastes good,
    shrimp and grits tastes good,
    cheeseburgers taste good. etc, etc.

0|3
    0|0
  • No bc meat, but no I love too many different foods to give that up I don't have the discipline for it

0|1
    1|0
  • I'm a vegan. Because meat and other animal products are cruel and not environmentally sustainable.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes I am, for almost 2 years now and I can tell you that I'm much more healthy now than when I used to eat meat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I’m a vegetarian and I’m proud. I really want to become vegan but I can’t give up ice cream even though there’s vegan ice cream it’s just not going to taste the same

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a pescetarian (no eating meat but seafood is fine) Im one to loose weight and get healthier

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes im flexitarian because I saw vids showing all the things happening to animals and it disgusted me so I felt like I had to do something...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I am. Because of animals and because it's healthier.
    I eat fish sometimes though, so maybe pescatarian is a better term.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope ominovore

0|2
    1|0
  • No. I just don't have that type of restraint.

0|1
    1|0
  • no because I like steak :))

0|2
    1|0
  • No, I like meat

1|1
    1|1
  • No because I like meat.

1|1
    1|1
  • No but I always think about it

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I like meat.

1|0
    1|1
  • No I’m pescatarian

1|0
    0|0
  • No I love meat too much

0|0
    1|0
  • HERBIVORE

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea I'm a vegetarian even though I enjoy the taste of meat, I've been one for years now purely for ethical reasons as well as some health ones.

0|0
    0|0
    • Basically I don't believe in inflicting pain on any living thing causing them to suffer unnecessarily.

• Yes because for whatever reason meat makes me sick. Like physically sick

0|0
    0|0
  • People care about animals more than people... there are people getting treated the shit and dying making cheap clothes and shoes for americans with common brands like H&M, joe fresh, Forever 21, Nike, and so many more. Or how about the actual slave trade in Libya that everyone is ignoring. Ya I mean the animals are getting treated terribly but how is there more people standing up for animal rights more than human rights.

0|1
    2|0
    • Ignoring one problem doesn't justify ignoring another. Why not make small changes in your life to help with both?

• No I like meat

1|2
    1|1
  • Yeah cause meat makes my skin break out in hives

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 37

• No because life without meat would be depressing for me. Vegetables are alive too, so people can fuck off with their self righteous BS. Eat sand and water and you can act like ur better than me... for like a month 😉

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahah yeah :)

• Show All
    • @lendula for people doing it for health reasons sure. It is also a very expensive diet unless you grow your own. Also, you need a wide variety of certain foods to make up the same proteins you would get from just eating meat. Lean meat is fine if you cook it right. Of course veggies are included in a balanced diet, but I can't eat them exclusively either.

• Yes its a difficult diet considering todays era.

• No I am not because I believe that humans are omnivorous meaning we eat both meat and vegetables so I think it is best for my health to eat both but that doesn't mean I'll eat a balanced meal sometimes I will eat just a salad or just a potato and sometimes though much rarer I'll eat just meat though eating a balanced meal is probably the best all around

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I do eat leas meat and more vegetarian food. Our current meat consumption is unsustainable but that doesn't mean that we can't eat meat at all. Eating good quality meat 2-3 times per week is good enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • No because cooking steaks and meat is a hobby of mine more then just a diet of choice.

0|0
    1|0
  • No.
    Cause: 1. I can't live without chicken
    2. I have an active lifestyle so I need lots of carbohydrates
    3. I don't like vegetables (but I eat them just cause its healthy 😢)

0|0
    1|0
  • No. Because I don't want too. I suppose the moral merit is iffy, but I haven't been convinced of that yet

0|0
    1|0
  • I went vegetarian (mostly vegan, though as a group they probably wouldn't claim me) around age 21. Mostly vegetarian diets are probably the healthiest you can have (read about blue zones - longest lived people in the world), I don't like the cruelty to animals our system has, meat consumption uses a lot more resources than eating vegetables... honestly the only way one could justify not being one is selfish reasons, such as "I like how animals taste" - which is fine. I believe everyone is entitled to make these choices. But, know that in small ways, you're making the world a worse place by doing so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being a vegetarian or vegan severely limits your eating options. Plus, meat contains a lot of necessary protein. And also, BACON!!!

0|0
    0|0
    • Protein may be an issue in some parts of the world, but not in developed countries. As long as you're meeting your caloric needs with a variety of green vegetables, you're still going to get enough protein.

• No, not a vegetarian. Being a human vegetarian isn't natural. One (not all) of the reasons we developed the way we did through evolution (big brain to body mass ratio compared to other species) is because we learned to hunt and cook meat. The extra protein rich caloric content allows us to spend time doing other things... like inventing new ideas, or farming through agriculture (handy for feeding millions/billions of people)... and voila! Modern day human.

Problem is, we don't really need nearly as much meat as most consume today.

We really should just be eating bugs. Protein rich and almost no fat.

But, that's gross right now in 2018.

0|0
    0|0
  • My crush is because she thinks the animals in the meat industry should be treated better

0|0
    0|0
  • Vegetarian is an ancient word, that means bad hunter.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The dairy industry is still the best industry and chickens are still put in a blender when they're minutes old if they're not profitable. Consuming eggs and dairy supports as much harm as eating meat. But also i like having a planet with a liveable environment.
    If you learn how to cook you can make steak that tastes just as good as cow using flour and water and some seasoning for next to nothing. Same thing for chicken-like seitan. Fish can be replicated out of tofu or soya protein.
    If you can wrap your head around "it's not meat but it tastes like meat but it's not meat" you needn't miss anything. There's no reason to support animal abuse or pay for destruction of the environment or increased risk to health.
    It's veganuary, of anyone is thinking of living more healthily and ethically there's never a better time than now, especially with so many restaurants and supermarkets now taking notice there are more options than ever. Pm me if you need help getting started :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Meat is un healthy.. i am not vegetarian. But i have reduced meat intake.
    I don think i can quit meat. I love the non veg dishes. Super yummy

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because I don't need or want health problems due to malnutrition.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, as much as i like animals i like my meat sry lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I see this question has already expired, but since this came up on my feed I am just going to answer it...

I hate to say this but I am a fucking vegan. Vegan! Those announg, animal loving people. I hate, honestly just HATE being one.

You see, I love meat. Especially steak and chicken nuggets. Grew up with an old flashiomed father, we ate tons of steaks and grilled meat.

But I have a phobia for any kind of animals including birds, so eating animals gross me out A LOT. I didn’t get grossed out until I was about 18, and really started thinking about where and what I was actually eating...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but beans are amazing for protein! I love meat too much to go this route.

0|0
    0|0
  • The girls that say that they are vegetarian and still stuff meat (****) in their mouth u lying.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because I like meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm a omnivorous 😜

0|1
    1|0
  • No, how would I eat the spicy meat-a-ball?

0|0
    0|0
  • Moo I mean noo

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not. I'm an omnivore so I eat like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because, I was always vegetarian.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only meat I eat is bird meat, so no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It just isn't my lifestyle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys