Is this normal: I ordered a partridge at a restaurant and literally there was nothing but a ribcage and teaspoon of meat on the bird?

I asked because my boyfriend thinks that is normal, since partridge is a small bird

... and I think it was very cheeky for the price we paid. (There was nothing else on the plate.)

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was some upscale bistro-type restaurant then yeah, I'd say that's normal. If it was a more casual dining, or only mild-ly fancy then that seems weird.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• There's not that much on a partridge. I can imagine it wasn't cheap either.

Take solace, though - there are a lot of other gamebirds that are even smaller, and probably in a restaurant cost a lot more per ounce, lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol yes it wasn't cheap and was a mains... I was very confused what I was supposed to do with it

• I probably wouldn't order partridge as the average weight of the bird is only 275 g or around 9 oz.! So by the time it's trimmed, cooked with any fat rendered and you take the meat from the carcass, there's only a few ounces of meat to eat although one is supposed to feed one person. Did you not order any sides?

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a full meal to me.. What's the problem? JK.. Can't even feed a mouse with that little scratch.. LOL..

1|1
    0|0
  • Partridges are tiny so you wouldn't have much meat... common sense really

1|0
    0|0
    • Have you ever heard of that television show The Partridge Family? That crazy bird looks huge on the side of that bus haha

• you went to one of those bourgeois places didn't you

1|0
    0|0
  • It looks sort of like a Cornish game hen.

1|0
    0|0
  • never eaten it so wouldn't know

1|0
    0|0
  • No xx

1|0
    0|0
  • i've never heard of restaurants here ever selling partridges , although we have some of those birds living in the wild here

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

Recommended myTakes