Do you think the US will give up alcohol for synthetic?

Do you think the US will give up alcohol for synthetic?A U. K. professor claims that alcohol will be replaced by "alcosynth", a synthetic form of alcohol. He's invested more than $12 million to bring the product to market. Supposedly synthetic version is supposed to have the same good effects as alcohol without the hangover or being harmful to the body. It is intended to have a plateau function preventing over intoxication.

I'm not sure I believe that alcosynth won't be harmful to the body. Synthetic chemicals are known to be more toxic than natural chemicals. I worry there would be a trade off that it would cause other health issues. Do think the replacement of alcohol with a synthetic version is in our future?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol is tradition, if I really wanted it healthy I wouldn't drink it. So there's no way I would buy alcosynth, I'll keep it to my wine and beer !