Do you think the US will give up alcohol for synthetic?

Do you think the US will give up alcohol for synthetic?A U. K. professor claims that alcohol will be replaced by "alcosynth", a synthetic form of alcohol. He's invested more than $12 million to bring the product to market. Supposedly synthetic version is supposed to have the same good effects as alcohol without the hangover or being harmful to the body. It is intended to have a plateau function preventing over intoxication.

I'm not sure I believe that alcosynth won't be harmful to the body. Synthetic chemicals are known to be more toxic than natural chemicals. I worry there would be a trade off that it would cause other health issues. Do think the replacement of alcohol with a synthetic version is in our future?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol is tradition, if I really wanted it healthy I wouldn't drink it. So there's no way I would buy alcosynth, I'll keep it to my wine and beer !

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Yes it will most likely if its safer and gives the same effects I mean people back then used to drink moonshine but they stopped because it was almost pure alcohol and could poison u granted moonshine is still around and being consumed today but not as much so I believe it possible could replace alcohol but there will still be people he dip into real alcohol just for the experience just like people do moonshine today

1|0
    0|1
  • No. You could being out a version of alcohol that had the exact same effects and zero side effects and people would still drink the dangerous one

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course the "Prof" will say that , he's all invested in it. Nothing can be good about getting drunk. HE has lost 12 million.

1|0
    0|0
  • I live here, in the US. Alcohol will never go away.

1|0
    0|0
  • If its not unhealthy I would drink it.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes